Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 5:37:50 PM EDT
God that sound desprite!, and sich for that matter! Can anyone help a brotha on a cop income out?   Thanks, Dave
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
One option is to buy a cheaper set of wood and have Z-Recto refinish it for you.  That would give you the look for a lower price.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Comrade...be carefull how you ask for Russian wood he he......
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
God that sound desprite!, and sich for that matter! Can anyone help a brotha on a cop income out?   Thanks, Dave

There are male order sites from Russia you can use!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
One option is to buy a cheaper set of wood and have Z-Recto refinish it for you.  That would give you the look for a lower price.

My set turned out nice, but I sunk about $170 into this set (Stockset, Refinish, Butt plate, sling swivel etc) and few special odds and ends Z-recto performs.  

p.s. My ironwood sets (I have two) and my russian sets (I have two of those also) ... anyway - The ironwood sets are a little thicker/meatier than the russian. FYI

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have to agree that Z-Recto does a great job!  Here's some pics of my refinished Maadi ARM that I did myself in semi-gloss black Molyresin. Stocks done by Z-Recto.

Maadi ARM Pics
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Tantal has origional Russian wood ,, its not cheap .. he even has some sets that are NEW never
been on a rifle!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]
how do I ge in touch with Z recto?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#8]
[email protected] is his email

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I got an unfinished walnut stock set from Ironwood Designs.  I refinished it and installed it.  Since my Grandfather on my fathers side is Russian, than I can say that I have a Russian finished and installed wood stock set.  

The stock set cost $95.00 shipped and the refinishing supplies cost another $20.00.  It had a plastic stock set on it originally from Vector Arms

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Cheap and Russian wood dont seem to go together.

The Russians that sell arent stupid, they know what it sells for here. They charge accordingly. Thats not just the American price either; Looking thru Russian language websites, you wont find much savings.

Add to that the large shipping fees that have to be passed on. The price quote I got was like $680 for airfrieght to the US.

Finally, its almost all grey market imports in small amounts. I doubt that the ATF would approve an import permit for any, even though its sold in Russia as spare parts for Saiga rifles.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top