Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/10/2005 1:39:03 PM EDT
 I took my seak out shooting again this weekend.  I know Mike read my previous post from last week.  I was trying to see if the problems I was having was mag related or something not right with the gun.  Circle 10 magazine will jam every few rounds.  The bolt rides over the shell and catches the next round and jams into the chamber.  The circle 21 mags I took worked most of the time but I still had at least one malfunction per every 2 magazines I shot.  Most common problem was empty shell getting jammed inside the reciever, preventing the bolt not to close.  I noticed some shells that ejected would land right next to my foot.  Most others would fly out of my sight.  The main other problem I had with the circle 21 mags was the last round coming out of the magazine before the bolt got to it causing a jam.  
 I would like to send it back in to have it checked out.  Do I need to send the rifle with everything that came with it or just the rifle.  Will any FEDEX drop of point take guns and do you have to disclose to them whats in the package?  Is it best to try to pack it so it looks like something else?  Would you like me to include a list of the types of malfunctions I've been having?  What is the average turn around time for warranty repairs?  
   I would also like to say I enjoyed the hell out of shooting her,  just want the seak to be as reliable as my other AK's.  Please shoot the shit out of it and get the bugs out.  I trust you guys will do a bang up job.
  I tried to call this morning, but ya'll were closed untill WED.  I hoped you be on the web before then.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
ORF, allright I sent my seak back to you guys.  Shipping charges were $66.13, brutal.  They said because it was a firearm I had to overnight ship it.  Please fix it right I cant afford to keep sending back.   I'll email ya'll the tracking number.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Ouch!

I've shipped stuff to ORF via UPS ground and I'm close enough that they get it the next day.

My cost with full insurance is $10.80.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
the only overnight rule is for pistols. Next time try the good ole US Post Office and insure it for what its worth. then maybe some one will steal it and you can get a new one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ORF, allright I sent my seak back to you guys.  Shipping charges were $66.13, brutal.  They said because it was a firearm I had to overnight ship it.  Please fix it right I cant afford to keep sending back.   I'll email ya'll the tracking number.  

What carrier?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#5]
FEDEX
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Why did you disclose what it was you were shipping?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FEDEX

You got reemed.  I use UPS and it is $20 max with it insured...

Albeit, that is just regular UPS ground.  I always ship on Monday that way it never sits anywhere over the weekend.  Everything I send arrives on or before Friday.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I tell UPS I am shipping a shotgun (Under/Over if they ask) and no one cares...

I figure it would be hard to explain what a SEAK is.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Next time send your rifle UPS or USPS.  You spent to much money for shipping.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Federal law, you have to disclose to the carrier that you are shipping a firearm...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Aw man that sucks, that rule is only for pistols.  Try and go back to the store and get your money back or something.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Federal law, you have to disclose to the carrier that you are shipping a firearm...

Wrong.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
the only overnight rule is for pistols. Next time try the good ole US Post Office and insure it for what its worth. then maybe some one will steal it and you can get a new one.

yeah because theft of firearms is always a good thing
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
 I replied that I was shipping a firearm, not the type of rifle.  I sent it back in the same case it came in.  I insured the rifle and was honest with what I was shipping.  Next time I won't use fedex sounds like I got reemed.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#16]
FedEx policy is that ALL firearms must be shipped overnight.  UPS says that they will only ship firearms from a dealer to a dealer.  Some stores may not follow these guidlines, but if you check their web sites that is what they say.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#17]
never mind.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#18]
If you can help it, don't go to the former mailboxes, etc. & kinko's-type of places.  Go to the actual UPS & FedEx main shiping centers in your area.  I am not an FFL and I ship rifles regularly w/o any problems.  I only ship rifles, but I've never had to use anything more expensive that standard ground shipping.

From the UPS website:

www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/guidelines/firearms.html

Shipping Firearms

Special Procedures for Shipping Firearms

Use These UPS Services for Your Firearm Shipment
Firearms will be transported only between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors, as defined in the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, law enforcement agencies of the United States or of any department or agency thereof and law enforcement agencies of any state or department agency, or political subdivision thereof, and between persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law and when such shipment complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws.

You must ship your packages that contain handguns with UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, or UPS Next Day Air Saver® services
Your packages that contain firearms will not be accepted for shipment at UPS Drop Boxes, with UPS SonicAir® service, at locations of The UPS Store or any third-party retailer, or with international services.

Follow These Packing Requirements
Your packages that contain handguns must be separated from other packages being delivered to UPS
Ammunition cannot be included in your packages that contain firearms (including handguns)

About Documentation and Labeling
When you are shipping your package that contains a firearm with UPS, you must affix a UPS label requesting an adult signature upon delivery

Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS
You can only ship your package that contains a firearm from UPS daily pickup accounts and through UPS Customer CentersWhen you  are shipping a package that contains a handgun, you must verbally notify the UPS driver or UPS Customer Center clerk
You can use UPS daily pickup accounts to ship firearms, not including handguns, through UPS Internet Shipping, UPS On-Call PickupSM, and One-Time Pickup
Your packages that contain firearms will not be accepted for shipment at UPS Drop Boxes, with UPS SonicAir® service, at locations of The UPS Store or any third-party retailer, or with international services
See the terms and conditions in the UPS Tariff for shipping firearms

From the FedEx website:

www.fedex.com/us/services/ground/termsandconditions/firearmsus.html

Firearms and Ammunition
FedEx Ground will transport firearms (excluding handguns), but ONLY between:
Licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, licensed collectors, law enforcement agencies of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency, or political subdivisions thereof; or
Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers for the purpose of repair or customizing (and return of same).
FedEx Ground will transport small-arms ammunition, when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law.
FedEx Ground will not accept for transport handguns, assembled or disassembled.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That is for handguns only! We receive and send rifles/shotgun standard ground daily. Sorry for the delay in responding to your post, been a little under the weather the past few days. I'll get fixed up for you. Should be able to get it done this week. Sorry for the inconveince,

Mike@ORF
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top