Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2005 10:48:47 PM EDT
I realize the pistol grip on my AK isn't all that comfortable.

The SAW grip on the FAL is more ergonomic. Anyone here has a SAW grip on their AK? Any pics?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
home.wideopenwest.com/~bobb/ak.jpg

Great! Thanks. Where did you get that grip, Tomislav?

Is that a Romanian mag I see?

Fill me in on the specs of that AK! I'm curious.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Great! Thanks. Where did you get that grip, Tomislav?

Tapco. I think they are sold out of the black ones, though.

Is that a Romanian mag I see?

Quite possibly! I have no idea what make my mags are; I just bought the cheapest ones I could find, and put in chrome followers.

Fill me in on the specs of that AK! I'm curious.

Krebs AK-103K - Great gun, but if I had to do it all again, I'd start with a cheaper AK. Not a SAR-1, but a SA-M7 probably.

Brugger and Thomet rail system - Not many choices if you want a 4-rail system on an AK. Easy and sturdy installation.

Tangodown rail panels - Rails suck to hold on to.

Tapco grip - I hate the stock AK grip. Hate it.

Aimpoint CompM2 - After going through a couple of 'wow! what a bargain' Russian optics, I'm sticking to Aimpoints or Eotechs.

Tangodown vertical grip - AK handguards get hot, and a VG is very nice to have.

Tactical Tailor single-point sling - Had it sitting around.

Vltor buttstock - Love it. Easy installation and it's sturdy.

Mojo peepsight - Eh. Can't cowitness with the Aimpoint on there, and I don't know if I trust it to hold zero over a long period of time (and lots of shooting.) Krebs has a peepsight that I would get if I were doing it again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
try dpharms.com for the saw grip, I'm pretty sure he has them in stock and at a good price
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the SAW grips on all my Ak's and love them. They are a cheap upgrade that in my opinion are well worth the price. I have these up for sale in the EE $20 for the first $17 for the second and $15 for each additional. Weather you buy one from me or Tapco I would highly suggest them I really would appreciate the buisness though since I had to buy 24 to get a discount. Heres a link to my add and some more pics to give you some ideas. If you have any questions about them let me know

ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=244504
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the SAW grips on all my Ak's and love them. They are a cheap upgrade that in my opinion are well worth the price. I have these up for sale in the EE $20 for the first $17 for the second and $15 for each additional. Weather you buy one from me or Tapco I would highly suggest them I really would appreciate the buisness though since I had to buy 24 to get a discount. Heres a link to my add and some more pics to give you some ideas. If you have any questions about them let me know

ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=244504]ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=244504[/size=8]

I would love to buy from you, but I am looking for OD, as my furniture is OD.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like your just gonna have to pick up another AK with black furniture I will probably order a few OD ones in the next week or two but as for now I just have the black If your in a hurry pick one up from Tapco they are great people to work with. I dont think its gonna be much of a problem getting these sold.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like your just gonna have to pick up another AK with black furniture I will probably order a few OD ones in the next week or two but as for now I just have the black If your in a hurry pick one up from Tapco they are great people to work with. I dont think its gonna be much of a problem getting these sold.

I can wait.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered an OD SAW grip from Scott on the EE.  It should be here this and a perfect match for my OD Tapco stock and forend.  :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's my MAK-90 with a Romy folder, G2 H-T-S and a US gas piston and a SAW pistol grip.

I really like the SAW pistol grip. It's considerably larger than factory and I have very large hands so it fits me very good. Mine came from Scott Gull here on ARF.com. Look for him on the EE. Great guy, great service and prices!

Bub
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#11]
They would look good on an AK if they didn't have that indent for the swinging selector on the FAL. Seems like it would be easy enough to fix too!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top