BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/9/2005 9:53:54 AM EDT
I it completely different.  Why don't you put some curb feelers and fuzzy dice on your AK while your at it!  The AK is beautiful plain. Even a decked out AR looks rediculous.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
preach it brother!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I it completely different.  Why don't you put some curb feelers and fuzzy dice on your AK while your at it!  The AK is beautiful plain. Even a decked out AR looks rediculous.

Cobra  curb feelers with mounting braket

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

got a link for the AK fuzzy dice? I don't have any of those.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Muhahahahaha.  MUHAHAHAHA.  MUAHAHAHAHAH

I think it's just fine.  You get an 8-year-old to shoot an AK with a standard OR folding stock on it.  A collapsable stock is the only way to go.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=66797
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Amen.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#6]
.and the stupid ass rails everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I have both some with rails some with out some with folding stocks some that don't let people do what they want to their property.  Your opinion has been noted but let people do what they want.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#11]
my god that looks retarded
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys are worried about how it looks? What the hell, does it is have to color-coordinate with your newest dress when you go strutting down the catwalk? Some you nancies need to remember: How it functions is more important than how it looks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted ByTheRedHorseman:preach it brother!

Can I get a witness!!!  Amen brotherman!!

AMEN!

AMEN, MY BROTHERS IN ARMS!  AMEN!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/ffib/OTHER/ar15accessories2.bmp

AR15 accessories on AKs are teh ghey!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#16]
ummmm .. in yer face!

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
.and the stupid ass rails everywhere.

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, you AK guys are really insecure, huh?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wow, you AK guys are really insecure, huh?

putting AR parts on your AK is the firearm equivalent of ricers.  its like taking a honda accord, throwing a big ass wing and a buzzy exhaust on it and driving around thinking you're the coolest guy on the road
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#20]
AAARRRGGG!! Just shut the fuck up about it already!  And stop equating a flat or satin black rifle accessory with a shiny silver or gold car accessory, they are not the same thing.  What about the KTR-03, Valmet, Galil, AMD, why not bitch about those too?  If you're gonna be an AK purist, don't pick and choose, for cryin out loud.  A lot of you seem to like folding stocks (which were not orignally equipped on AKs, they were added later), which I'm not the hugest fan of, but I don't whine whenever someone posts a picture of one.  So what if Spetsnaz were to adopt a tele stock or rail system?  would it be alright then?
Summary:
1.  My gun, my money, my choice; your gun, your money, your choice.
2.  It's stupid to blast someone for doing something different with their gun, or anything else for that matter, that is how progress happens.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#21]
It's as wrong as two boys f@#$%#g!!!

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
AAARRRGGG!! Just shut the fuck up about it already!  And stop equating a flat or satin black rifle accessory with a shiny silver or gold car accessory, they are not the same thing.  What about the KTR-03, Valmet, Galil, AMD, why not bitch about those too?  If you're gonna be an AK purist, don't pick and choose, for cryin out loud.  A lot of you seem to like folding stocks (which were not orignally equipped on AKs, they were added later), which I'm not the hugest fan of, but I don't whine whenever someone posts a picture of one.  So what if Spetsnaz were to adopt a tele stock or rail system?  would it be alright then?
Summary:
2.  It's stupid to blast someone for doing something different with their gun, or anything else for that matter, that is how progress happens.

factory supplied equipment in every case

I've yet to see a CAR stock equipped AK come from a com-block factory.  and of course you have the right to spend your money in the pursuit of looking like an idiot, look at ricer cars- same thing different scale.  

btw: lighten up francis
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Only if I can still whip out my crown air freshener at the shooting bench

hmm, new muzzle device?  cuts out the nasty import powder smell?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#25]
My 2 cents:  If you like the looks of the AR stock, then buy an AR.  I'm sure that Kalashnikov himself would not approve of the half-breed rifles that people create when they put AR accessories on the AK.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My 2 cents:  If you like the looks of the AR stock, then buy an AR.  I'm sure that Kalashnikov himself would not approve of the half-breed rifles that people create when they put AR accessories on the AK.

That is pretty weak logic for what to do or not do to your rifle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You dumb shit.  The AK-47 was a rip-off of the German StG-44 with an M-1 Garand Bolt.    The AK itself is a mutt.  It uses the cartridge from the SKS which itself was ripped off from the Germans.  The Receiver, magazine, and general layout are outright ripped off from the Germans.  The bolt is ripped off from the Garand/M1 Carbine pattern.  If you're a purist, I think the Polish guns are closest to the original.  That Fucking hack Kalashnikov was nothing more than a propoganda front for a cheaply built, reliable weapon that you can give to a retarded comunist peasant and he could still hit something with it.  OOOOhhh, he's wounded in battle like 10 million other Russians so that makes him an authority?  Give me a break.  Mel Johnson had 10 times the talent and was nearly as cocky.  But do we give him credit?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I wan't some type of spinner on my AK!!! Put my Ak down on some real OG shiz and drop it while itz hot baby G, for rizzle my dizzles!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Summary:

Huh? AK's have had folding stocks since the 1st Model AK-47.

I'm hardly an "AK purist".

I do like the idea of mounting modern optics on AK's. IMO the irons are the biggest deficiency of the AK system, and optics are about the only way to correct it. I plan on putting an IMI gas tube rail and Aimpoint on my Valmet in the near future, and a PK-AS on my Arsenal AK.

Rail handguards are a different story... IMO they are one of the most over-used and improperly-used things out there, and I think that a lot of people install them because they think they "look cool" or "SF uses them, so I have to use one too", etc. I'm not even talking about rail HG's on AK's here, just in general.

AR stocks...I could care less about AR stocks. I think they look silly, but I (sort-of) understand why people use them on their AK's.

If it's what you like, though, then don't worry about what anybody thinks...it's your gun after all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Gee, some AK guys are just as up-tight as some of the AR guys with their perceived superiority.  The man with the AR collapsible stock had already explained the reasoning behind the AR stock is so that a small child may shoot the AK with a fitting length of pull.  Yet, the assaults continue. My AKs do not have AR stocks on them but do have the FAL style grips. Why- because they fit me better. If a modification on a weapon makes one shoot better, why not have it installed? I do agree that any alteration to the same without any functional benefit is gay at best which is the same as those who think a functional alterations is wrong due to pure aesthetics.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I wan't some type of spinner on my AK!!! Put my Ak down on some real OG shiz and drop it while itz hot baby G, for rizzle my dizzles!!!!!!

a platinum diamond encrusted telestock and rail system with spinnaz, fo shizzle
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Why do you feel the need to put a stock designed to be used in conjunction with a buffer tube on an AK?

AKs don't need buffer tubes.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Adding more fuel to the fire!

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It's as wrong as two boys f@#$%#g!!!

+1!

Its your rifle,you can paint it pink with yellow and blue spots if you want too,....................but don't expect us not to laugh and make fun of it! Welcome To The Dark Side!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#36]
If you want a fuckin' AR, buy an AR.  Don't try to turn a ChevyFordGMC pickup into a kit-car Ferreri
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Why do that to a AK ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Personally, anything outside of authentic AKs don't interest me in the least bit.  Sure, we can't legally own full-autos, but that's a given.  I don't like seeing an AKM with a muzzle nut or an AK-74 muzzle device fitted.  I prefer to keep it the way Mr. Kalashnikov designed them myself.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted ByTheRedHorseman:preach it brother!

Can I get a witness!!!  Amen brotherman!!

AMEN!

AMEN

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Why do that to a AK ?

Because I can
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#41]

They said AR stuff, not AiRsoft stuff.    (the blue ring is a dead giveaway).
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You dumb shit.  The AK-47 was a rip-off of the German StG-44 with an M-1 Garand Bolt.    The AK itself is a mutt.  It uses the cartridge from the SKS which itself was ripped off from the Germans.  The Receiver, magazine, and general layout are outright ripped off from the Germans.  The bolt is ripped off from the Garand/M1 Carbine pattern.  If you're a purist, I think the Polish guns are closest to the original.  That Fucking hack Kalashnikov was nothing more than a propoganda front for a cheaply built, reliable weapon that you can give to a retarded comunist peasant and he could still hit something with it.  OOOOhhh, he's wounded in battle like 10 million other Russians so that makes him an authority?  Give me a break.  Mel Johnson had 10 times the talent and was nearly as cocky.  But do we give him credit?  

Sensitive much?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh man!  I never thought I would see AK guys arguing like C&R purist about people going Bubba on a rifle.  

The AK was made to mod and you can't beat it with a stick.  Do what you want, I say.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Oh man!  I never thought I would see AK guys arguing like C&R purist about people going Bubba on a rifle.  

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/ffib/OTHER/ar15accessories2.bmp

Until somebody makes the right receiver and a folding stock that collapses like a Magpul, putting AR type crap on an AK is completely unacceptable in my book as well, unless it's something proven like an Ultimak rail, B&T handguard, etc.

themao
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Adding more fuel to the fire!

home.comcast.net/~freej/ak004.jpg

Does it fold as well?

themao
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#49]

nothing wrong with the way this rifle looks
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top