Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 9:16:58 AM EDT
I am buyind a Bulgarian parts/OO reciever from MilitaryGunSupply.  Which stocks can be instaleed without gunsmithing(anything more complicated than removing old stock and screwing in new one) or heavy work.  Underfolder would be nice, does it work?  How about the AR stock?  Reccomendations please!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
for the love of god why in the hell would you consider putting an AR15 stock on an AK?

damn near any stock can be "INSTALEED" on an ak receiver from OOW since its stripped.  you do realize that putting tothether an AK is far more complicated than an AR right?  just checking

short of an underfolder(which would require some drilling and a special rear trunnion) there's no stock that will require more than a few minutes with a dremel and a set of files to fit.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
for the love of god why in the hell would you consider putting an AR15 stock on an AK?

damn near any stock can be "INSTALEED" on an ak receiver from OOW since its stripped.  you do realize that putting tothether an AK is far more complicated than an AR right?  just checking

short of an underfolder(which would require some drilling and a special rear trunnion) there's no stock that will require more than a few minutes with a dremel and a set of files to fit.  

This rifle is already assembled.  As far as an AR stock, I want function.  I do not buy show pieces to impress people or show them off, nor do I care much for authenticity.  FUNCTION FIRST.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for clarification

for folders that dont require surgery:  look at the romanian or the ace folders.  the really cool folders require cutting(soviet century series polymer and triangle style for example)  the romanian just replaces the stock and screws in place with the regular rear tang, same with the ace.

almost forgot, TAPCO has a polymer side folder that is like the galil folder, installs like the romy and looks pretty good but just not my cup of tea.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanks for clarification

for folders that dont require surgery:  look at the romanian or the ace folders.  the really cool folders require cutting(soviet century series polymer and triangle style for example)  the romanian just replaces the stock and screws in place with the regular rear tang, same with the ace.

almost forgot, TAPCO has a polymer side folder that is like the galil folder, installs like the romy and looks pretty good but just not my cup of tea.

Have one Tapco Galil on my SAR1, for the 74 I was thinking Romy wire side folder or AR.  I wouldn't want to attempt putting on underfolder if it is anything more than drilling 2 holes in the stock like the tapco.  My original SAR1 stock was a bitch to get out had to beat it out with a rubber mallot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have useful info for me???
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
What else do you want to know?  The only good options you have based on the condition you stipulated are the romanian right side wire folder, tapco right side folder, or an AR stock with converter.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What else do you want to know?  The only good options you have based on the condition you stipulated are the romanian right side wire folder, tapco right side folder, or an AR stock with converter.  

And a Ace Ltd. side folder Gunsnstuff.net also has a little plastic block that can be used with a standard trunion tha will allow a underfolder
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Ahh yeah, forgot about the ACE.  I can't stand any of them, but thats just me.  Triangle side folder, or AK100 folder for me.  But I'm crazy too, so thats to be expected.  ($$$ for those stocks)  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Just get the side folder, you then have the luxury of being able to go back to wood, or put synthetic on it if you ever change your mind
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top