Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/8/2005 2:08:51 PM EDT
Anyone got the straight story on OOW and what is going on?  I hear rumors that they will no longer be producing their stripped lower receivers and on top of that their webpage has been down for at least two days.  Anyone know what the heck is going on with them?  Seems like they must be making money hand over fist with those receivers, and I can't think of a good reason they would stop now!

Dawg

[edited]  I do not want to start a panic here, I simply am looking for factual information.  Could be they are having webserver problems and someone jumped to a conclusion and started an internet rumor.  My guess is that unless they went bankrupt or have some other problem that they are still cranking out receivers and everything is A-OK.  But I was hoping to get some confirmation of that- maybe someone can call them on Monday and ask?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged to find out WTF.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Web site means nothing, as there are many still without power after the Wed night ice storm.

It means something.  The site no longer resolves via DNS.  That means that the entry on the name server of the company that hosts the site has been deleted.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
maybe they forgot to pay the bill this month...they are pretty busy after all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I just don't see how this could be true but I guess you never really know.  I sure hope if it is that ORF gets it in gear and produces correct (mag dimples, chicken feet, trigger hump, etc) receivers for us in both 7.62 and 5.45.  There is just too much of a market out there for AK receivers for us to be so limited on options.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just don't see how this could be true but I guess you never really know.  I sure hope if it is that ORF gets it in gear and produces correct (mag dimples, chicken feet, trigger hump, etc) receivers for us in both 7.62 and 5.45.  There is just too much of a market out there for AK receivers for us to be so limited on options.

+1000
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, Steyr Aug says that he can't release his source, but that he is being forced to return payment to a lot of people who ordered them, so I can only assume it is true.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe thats why Jokin entered the receiver market, to pick up the slack from OOW.  Just a thought.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Why would OOW get out of the market for making their receivers? As far as I could tell they were one of the top places to go to get receivers.....now we may be without Vector AKs
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Well doesnt ITM make the reveivers and OOW just heat treats and sell them?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Uh....whats left....I see the price of oow receivers going through the roof

To the phones batman!

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'LL SEE IF I CAN GET SHOTAR TO CALL BOB LANDIES AT OOW TOMORROW.

personally, i cannot see itm ceasing production.

the u-folder kits may be gone, but there's a ton of other kits out there.

i think someone is spreading rumors, but we'll confirm that when the man, himself, is contacted.

I guess Armory USA isn't selling many receivers.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think someone is spreading rumors, but we'll confirm that when the man, himself, is contacted.

I guess Armory USA isn't selling many receivers.  

??
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe Arsenal in Nevada will start cranking some out soon, as well as some rifles that arent "limited run" specials
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Guys, please hold off on commenting further until Campybob can get some proof one way or another.  I was goign to ask him to lock the thread but thought that might cause even more problems.

I didn't mean to start a panic here and might only reason for posting was to get SOLID PROOF of this one way or another.  So far we have 15 posts on this thread and no one has been able to come up with anything resembling proof what is going on, and what I posted really comes down to thirdhand hearsay.

Let's just stay calm and wait until Campy (or someone else) can get ahold of soemone at OOW and we know the real story.

If you don't have any factual info to post, I respectfully ask that you please don't post.  Thanks guys.

Dawg

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Their web page is fine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep, their website is back up and running. It was down for me earlier today.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:18:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I called and the lady said she didnt know what I was talking about....  She says they have receivers but they are awaiting for them to be heat treated.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#23]
(Chicken Little voice on)  "...the sky is falling, the sky is falling..."  (Chicken Little voice off)
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Allright I got the low down from Vector

Lady on the phone stated that they are just out of underfolding stocks right now and thats the reason they are not taking anymore orders for the polish underfolders.  They are still taking orders for the side folders and fixed stock AK's.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#25]
So, What does this mean for the ones that are all ready out there?

They just shot up in value 1000%?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So, What does this mean for the ones that are all ready out there?

They just shot up in value 1000%?

Somehow I doubt that a Vector underfolder is suddenly worth $5000....

Sounds like this rumor propogated by someone misinterpreting "Vector can't get underfolders" becoming "Vector can't get underfolder receivers" to "Vector can't get receviers" to "OOW isn't making receivers".  Seems to be a classic case of telephone.

Campybob, I am requesting this thread be locked as I think it has served its purpose.  OOW is still producing receivers as far as we can tell, stright from OOW.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#28]
dawg requested his thread be locked. all is well!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top