Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 10:29:11 AM EDT

I am getting a SA M-7 with OD furn, and would like to convert it to side-folder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a pretty slick front sight base.  What kind is it?  Love the flash hider as well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a slick FSB. Love to throw one on the money pit. But a side-folder? Nah.

ETA: Errr, scratch that. After actually taking a look at the money pit, it looks like it would be some major surgery to get that FSB on. Still, a man can dream...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
the front sight is the clamp on one that goes on the gas block from ACE I think it is at http://www.riflestocks.com
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That is a slick FSB. Love to throw one on the money pit. But a side-folder? Nah.

home.wideopenwest.com/~bobb/ak.jpg

ETA: Errr, scratch that. After actually taking a look at the money pit, it looks like it would be some major surgery to get that FSB on. Still, a man can dream...

tomislav  where did you get your front hand gaurd from id like one
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a B&T

www.dsarms.com
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
holy shit is there any cheaper one 300 for a hand gaurds kinda steeap
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So a telestock on an AK better than a sidefolder?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Go with a Underfolder
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#9]
For cheap you can do this?  It's mine BTW.  Not high dollar stuff, but I like it.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:16:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
For cheap you can do this?  It's mine BTW.  Not high dollar stuff, but I like it.

www.picyard.com/main/data/500/3GalliHG11-med.JPG

www.picyard.com/main/data/500/3GalliHG21-med.JPG

How do you like that stock? Does it lock out tight or is there play? Hows the cheek weld?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:21:41 AM EDT
[#11]
It's tight and the cheek weld is okay, but you can expect that for the type of stock.

All in in all I like the Tapco stock set and I had the opportunity to check out the SAW grip as well.  I liked the feel right away even if I didn't like the look.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nice looking AK15.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:11:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So a telestock on an AK better than a sidefolder?

For me, at least. Normally, I like a long stock, since I am a gangly big dude, but with that setup, I am pretty comfortable shooting even with the stock all the way in.

For all the wrong reasons, I would love a under-folder, but OAL and Michigan and stupid laws...sigh.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#14]
How sturdy are the underfolders? They look soo wobbly I wouldn't trust one, but I've never handled one so I can't say. Lets see in underfolders we have the polish ones, romanian ones, rusky ones and?? Which are the strongest?? Theres a good question for the AK experts.

My .02 but in SHTF if I EVER have to beat somebody down with my rifle, it better not break

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How sturdy are the underfolders? They look soo wobbly I wouldn't trust one, but I've never handled one so I can't say. Lets see in underfolders we have the polish ones, romanian ones, rusky ones and?? Which are the strongest?? Theres a good question for the AK experts.

My .02 but in SHTF if I EVER have to beat somebody down with my rifle, it better not break

Blackops_1.

That's why you also need to get a bayonet.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How sturdy are the underfolders? They look soo wobbly I wouldn't trust one, but I've never handled one so I can't say. Lets see in underfolders we have the polish ones, romanian ones, rusky ones and?? Which are the strongest?? Theres a good question for the AK experts. HTFEVER
have to beat somebody down with my rifle, it better not break hr

I used to own a Norinco underfolder and sold it. It would wobble a little but the mail issue was that it was uncomfortable to shoot, no cheek weld, or rather pain in the jaw after shooting and also made the rifle too wide for my taste. On the other hand, if coolnes is everything, then this is it. I still miss my old underfolder...sometimeshile

If you want one, then get a vector if you can  find one. Although if it comes down to having to beat someone down with your rifle.........get a fixed stock AK with strong steel plate in the back.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top