Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 10:40:29 PM EDT
I have seen some parts in Shotgun News that when added to an AK would make it competetive with the AR; stuff like a 90 degree gas block, rail fore-end, etc...Anyone know who makes these parts, and has anyone done this and have pics? I have a Norinco 84S in .223 and might want to bring it into the new century...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
i would find a diff gun to do that to thats worth way more the way it is
if you start changin stuff the price is gonna go down not up
u can find a rail here tho
Link
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would get both. Build a nice AR to add to your collection. I am trying my hand at it right now. Got a RRA post-ban (I know but oh well) upper. Going to order a mega lower soon.

You can get some cool stuff for AK's like adapters to use AR stocks, front rails ect...but I don't know about the stuff you are looking for. You can make them look more modern. But that may be about it.

www.blackjackbuffers.com sells the rail forgrips, vert grips, bi-pods ect. You can get an ultimak rail to take place of your gas tube. www.ultimak.com  great for red-dots. They make some nice pistol grips to. They have all kinds of cool stuff.

For whatever reason I have a much stronger desire to put a rail and stuff on my MAK90 than my AR. Maybe I just want to be different. ARize a AK and keep an AR stock. That would make me an oddity on both board.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 3:35:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top