Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2004 1:31:13 PM EDT
Picked up an Arsenal SA93 with a milled receiver today.  Presently it has a threaded slant brake on it, a buyo. lug and the Bulgarian pistol grip.  Imported by DIG in VA. BCH. VA.  It has matching blond wood.  I'm thinking of putting a flash suppressor on it.

A few questions on the SA93 model.  Was this model originally imported with the thumbhole stock?    The wood on it looks perfect and is all matching so I doubt it came in like this.  When were the SA93s imported?  The previous owner said a gunsmith did the threading on the barrel.  Anything else I should know about the SA93?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Good info.  The prefix in the serial number is "BA 35", so adding 59 would make it a 1994.  The stock set on it now is not the thumb-hole, I just thought it might have been imported that way since others like the MAADI were imported in a "sport" version in the early 90s.  On further examination the butt-plate has the Arsenal logo on it (the little design that is before the "a" in their trademark") so I'm now thinking this is the original stock set.  The butt-plate does not have a hole for the cleaning kit, even though I did get a cleaning kit with it alone with some mags.  Perhaps the only work done on it was the threaded barrel.

I spent $500 on it which I'm thinking is fair.  It is in excellent shape.  I have also dry fired it and it has the lightest and smoothest pull of any AK I have handled.  I'll have to check on the lower tang.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top