Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2004 6:17:45 AM EDT
I've already got an SAR1 and am having a AMD-65 built.  I've got a 5.45 OOW receiver as well and was leaning towards a Krink with a permanently attatched real can.  I've got a spare Coastal 9mm can that Chris can re-work for the Krink.  I just don't like the idea of permanently attatching the can.  Don't feel like paying the SBR tax if we don't perm attatch as well.  The 16" barrel kits from KVAR I'm thinking would look dorky and I'm not one for fake cans.  I do have to admit the PVO scopes mounted to the AK-74's in the other posts here today look pretty cool.  What do you think?  Go Krink or go full-size?  If I go full-size I'd probably have Chris re-work the can anyway so I can just thread it on the '74.  That way I could use it on other guns too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you have a great plan.  I say run with it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, full size with the can reworked.You need the barrel lenth to make the 545 work at its best,just my 2cents.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The more I look around the more I like the full-size AK-74.  Looking real hard at the plum parts set from K-VAR.  Probably pick up a Russian side-folder too for that AK-74M look.  Thinking a Cobra sight would just make it look bad!  I'm liking it!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top