Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 5:21:08 AM EDT
Hello,
I usually hang out on the AR15 side here but I have a few question for you folks. I have a Norinco 56s in 7.62X39, that I've had since 87. I just did a trade deal ( not the 56s) for a Krebs Custom Guns KTR-03V in 7.62X39.    The fellow that I'm getting it from is including a couple of mags but he also has 12 composite waffle mags that he wants $10.00 ea. or $100.00 for 12.

My questions are  will these mags work in both guns? are they crap? are thay outstanding? Is there a better deal on mags out there?

I'd like to have mags that will not have issues with both weapons.

Will my steel Norinco mags work in both guns?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a case of the ammo that AMMOMAN has on the strippers. Is that good stuff?

Thanks alot, Jeff
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Mags are good and they will work in both rifles. They sell new from $10-$15 . Good deal I think... WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The 7.62 waffle mags are/were MIL SPEC - ISSUE for Soviet Bloc armed forces.
They should work perfectly in any AK.

One thing to keep in mind however is that most available Chinese AKs , and many
European style AKs were MFG'd for commercial sale , and the quality and fit may
vary accordingly.

Always check to see if mags fit and function in your specific firearm , However ,
 I have never had a mag related failure to function when using any Chinese or
 Euro AK mag in any AK  ( using new / undamaged mags)  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The waffle mags are great mags and $100 for 12 is a steal.  

The will work in all high cap ak's, some may be a little tighter than others, but will work fine.

I would snatch them up quick.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The Chi-com rifles have a rivet that needs to be ground down where the magazine locks in.  If you yours had not been modified then you might have to do a little fitting to your gun before a non Chi-com mag will lock.  No big deal and most of them out there have already been modded.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top