Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 5:13:33 PM EDT
Hey guys I'm converting a thumbhole Hungarian AK to normal furniture.  I have a US green stock set that includes front handguards, buttstock and grip so I'll need to also replace the fire control group with US made parts as well, right?  The question I have is how can I prove that the FCG is US made?  Do they say US on them somewhere like the stock set does?  Also does anyone know if anyone actually has a US made FCG in stock ready to ship?  If so where?  

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jeff
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  I've just ordered a trigger set from RSA.  Any idea how long it will take to get?  So I've got the stock/grip set and the RSA FCG and that's all I'm going to need to keep the man away right?

Thanks Jeep!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
There were some USA fcg's that was'nt marked,the burden of proof is on the prosecuting team.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The Century parts just have a C stamped on them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#5]
sounds good, thanks guys!

Next question:  How hard is it to get the bbl threaded for a slant brake?  Any idea on cost?  I seriously doubt anyone around here has the reverse thread die for it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I had Circuits in Colo. Spgs thread the muzzle and install a gas block on my SAR-1. $85 labor.

He's a member here and he has a forum on the Colorado AR15 Shooting Site.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had Circuits in Colo. Spgs thread the muzzle and install a gas block on my SAR-1. $85 labor.

Cool thanks!  I just piled on to the thread about this that was already there.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool thanks!  I just piled on to the thread about this that was already there.

hehe...that's my thread. I'm still using my original username over there.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top