Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 2:35:00 PM EDT
First, is there an AK mag FAQ here on AR15.com?  I have looked, but I haven't found anything similar to the AR15 mag FAQ for AKs.  Anyway, which mags are considered the best, basically the USGI version of AK mags?  Which ones, other than USA brands, should you avoid?  How good are the Bulgarian synthetic mags?   Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  What is your take on the Bulgarian synthetic mags?  Are they worth the extra money over standard steel mags?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally I love the bulgarian waffle mags.  I assume your talking 7.62 since you compared it to steel.  They take abuse just as well, and are lighter.  And dont' get hot from sitting in the sun like steels do.  Worth it to me.....  Polish synthetics are nice to, but not as sturdy.  (although still plenty sturdy)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I got some of the Bulgarian AK47 steel mags a few years back, and they are the best IMO.  However, all AK mags are over-built and they all are very robust.  The only real difference that I can tell between the steel ones is the finish.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't tried any of the waffle mags yet. Steel ones are so cheap...I always end up buying those in numbers instead.

I just bought a cheapo AR15 mag for my future ar15 build. I am taking a step into the ar side. Just ordered a RRA A4 upper
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
As long as you stay away from US made mags the rest usually work OK. I have waffle, steel, polymer 74 and bakelight 74 and they all run ammo though them like you know what though a goose. You may have a personal preference for looks or weight but they all function. I just got some used 40 rounders that need some work due to dents but that is not a design flaw
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the AMD65 20rnd "tanker" mags!! $6 from Tapco and they seem to balance the rifle much better than the steel 30rnd mags.  Been thinking about getting the Polish synthetic mags...An extra 10rnds never hurts
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The slab sided polish mags kick all ass. They fit tight, remove smoothly, and look sweet
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top