Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2004 6:28:07 AM EDT
You know, I have been through this a HUNDRED TIMES with things I have ordered in the firearms industry.  Very, Very seldom do you get whatever you ordered on the date they said you would get it,(although i have a few times).  If you dont, you call them about it, because they WILL NOT contact you if there is a delay, and they B.S. you some more about why it didnt go out and its on its way now.  Then, you wait again, and check on it and it STILL has not been shipped on the second time they have given you, so you see they have just B.Sed you some more.  Now i am going through this with my SEAKII  They called me on Friday I paid remaining blnce with credit dard, they said it would ship on monday.  I check my card, it hasnt been charged, I call them back on wednesday it still hasnt shipped.  I am told it will ship and be charged to my card on wednesday.  Today is thursday, and IT STILL HASNT HAPPENED!!!!  Now, call me impatient, which I am, but I would have handled it fine if they would have told me I wouldnt get my SEAK until May of 2005, but if you tell me its going out on friday then GET IT OUT!!!  If that becomes impossible, then THEY should be calling ME apologizing and making it right!!!!!   That is the way I have to operate where I work, and that is the way it should be!!!!!!   The principle of letting people hang the way dealers in this industry doPISSES ME OFF TO NO END!!!!!  Ok, rant off.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Be happy that they aren't charging your card until it ships.

Also be aware that since the sunset of the AWB all the builders are very busy!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Wave, Ripcode, and Obershutze,

All of your statements are true, but not my point.  I know that myself and others have been dealing with these aggravations long before the AWB setting.  I am glad they didnt charge my card before shipping, and I know its only a couple of days, but I am TIRED of just relaxing.  Do not tell me "its shipping today" unless you are DAMN sure it is!!!  Tell me your not sure or maybe next month or whatever, dont bullshit me!!!  I know you guys do not know me, of course, but I am just a good natured easy-going Tennessee boy.  I am not an uptight person.  However, I am also NOT a pushover or moron.  While I do not claim to be the sharpest tool in the shed, I do have a bachelor's degree and master's degree which I have busted my ass to get, and have no job opportunities in my area (or any other area, from what I can find) that are reflective of my education.  So, oh well I do what everyone else does I find the best job I can and I BUST MY ASS at it.  I am not bragging or whining (well, pissing and moaning a little I guess) but my point is at my job, if something goes wrong due to my screw up, or I do (on the rare occasion) have to go back on my word, I CALL THE CUSTOMER and i do not bullshit them!!!!!   I inform them of the situation, tell them what has happened, apologize profusely, and do EVERYTHING I can to make it right.  I CALL THEM!!!!   They do not have to call me and hound me for answers.  THAT is my point.  I am not just going off on ORF, but about 99.99% of the dealers out there.  Finally, before someone says "yeah, but these guys do business in more volume than you do" the corporation I work for has over 200 million customers world wide.  We stay VERY busy, and in my unit, I ALWAYS contact the customer with problems I find and even doing so, I still get cursed and screamed at for someone elses mistake every damn day!!!   Holy Shit, watch me rant!!!   Thanks for listening guys, I really needed this.  I havent put my ass in the breeze for quite a while.  I feel better.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel your pain.  
Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Got the T-shirt.

Literally getting a t-shirt. Man i think people think a tshirt, hat, stickers, etc... really makes it all better for them being a a$$. I got some many bs tshirts. I mean stick to the agreement or call me back and inform me that not going as well. I like to stick the tshirt somewhere unpleasent on these guys.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
None ever ship when they promise. Just get used to it. I did and it was always worth the extra time to wait.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
JSIG, I feel your pain, but unfortunately that seems to be the nature of the beast.  It really sucks when someone tells you that your stuff has shipped and then two weeks later your left wondering WTF.  I wonder sometimes if when the ATF issues gun dealers lincenses do they throw in a license to be an ass for free?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Good thing you didn't buy a Shrike.

bwahahaha!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Todd sounds like you need more help.. I'm ready to sweep the floors, and ship guns for yah.. Will work for guns!! hehehehe

no seriously guys, ORF are great people, but they are people.. You know they have lives, need a few days off to relax, shit happens.. Ever work in a busy place? You know, customers pouring thru the door(It is hunting season in OH), the phone ringing off the hook(Where's my gun, blah blah blah!!), finding the time to order stck, and supplies, and not to mention keeping the store clean and respectable looking for the customers..

But I can promise you one thing.. You will get your rifle!! Just relax a bit, and give them some slack..
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, guys.  I just got in from eating shit for a living (um, excuse me, I mean work ) and after only getting cursed 16 times today (yeah literally, I counted em) I feel pretty good about things.  Todd and ORF PLEASE, PLEASE do not take my temper tantrum rant as a slight directed at your business and nothing else.  Your reputation preceeds you and I feel confident I will be the proud owner of a quality AK.  If I did not feel this way, I would never have ordered from you.  I do know you have a lot more projects going on than the SEAKII and I know a LOT of unexpected events can cause projects to run late in any business (believe me I know) but to answer your question, yeah I guess I am one of those dumbasses that actually likes to get called with excuses.  I dont know why, now that I think about it.  I guess it comes down to me showin my ass a little because I got my panties in a wadd over a lot of frustrations in my life and see things in the firearms industry that annoy me as a consumer.  I promise, it was a ranting in general and I have far more respect for ORF than an endless list of asshats in the industry.  I also took "SEAK rant" out of the title because that is not really what this thread was about.

Obershutze916 brings up a good point about UPS.  Oh, man I could REALLY rip them a new one if I got started!!!

I want to say thank you to everyone for listening to me, letting me rant, offering perspective, and basically putting up with my B.S.  You guys are great.  I'm gonna try to unwadd my panties now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ok, guys.  I just got in from eating shit for a living (um, excuse me, I mean work ) and after only getting cursed 16 time today (yeah, literallyI counted em) I feel pretty good about things.  Todd and ORF PLEASE, PLEASE do not take my temper tantrum rant as a slight directed at your business and nothing else.  Your reputation preceeds you and I feel confident I will be the proud owner of a quality AK.  If I did not feel this way, I would never have ordered from you.  I do know you have a lot more projects going on than the SEAKII and I know a LOT of unexpected events can cause projects to run late in any business (believe me I know) but to answer your question, yeah I guess I am one of those dumbasses that actually likes to get called with excuses.  I dont know why, now that I think about it.  I guess it comes down to me showin my ass a little because I got my panties in a wadd over a lot of frustrations in my life and see things in the firearms industry that annoy me as a consumer.  I promise, it was a ranting in general and I have far more respect for ORF than an endless list of asshats in the industry.  I also took "SEAK rant" out of the title because that is not really what this thread was about.

Obershutze916 brings up a good point about UPS.  Oh, man I could REALLY rip them a new one if I got started!!!

I want to say thank you to everyone for listening to me, letting me rant, offering perspective, and basically putting up with my B.S.  You guys are great.  I'm gonna try to unwadd my panties now.

Unwad them quickly.  

Look at it like this.  You are lucky both Todd and Mike post on this board.  We are extremly lucky to have them here.  If patience is a virtue, then you need to pick up on it fast.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#16]
We are extremely blessed to have great smiths like ORF, In Range, Kurt's Kustom Firearms, Teppo Jutsu, etc on this board.  I have had work done by all of them.  Have I been impatient at times?  Yes I have but when I received my firearm back, the wait was well worth it.  It is the nature of the business.  There are bumps on the road along the way.  Sometimes things happen that are totally beyond their control.  Materials are delayed as in the case of the .458 SOCOM group buy.  Marty's barrel supplier was supposed to deliver the barrels in August.  Now they are promised for November.  Just think of all the different rifles that ORF is building at the moment.  That is a ton of rifles to test fire and that does take time away from builds.  Troy at In Range has had my Krink build on a Norinco 84S since the end of March.  The way I look at it is that I am going to have one hell of a Christmas with my new toy.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#17]
What is BS is how I had my dealer order me an Armalite Pre-paid pre ban in early September.  The deal was that they were essentially complete and would be shipped ASAP if the ban ended.  Still haven't seen mine yet.  ???  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Gimme a break... complaining because of a couple of days...

Travel back about 9 years and call a place called Shiloh Sharps, in Big timber Montana...
Custom order a 45-70 sharps rifle from them...Maybe a #1 sporter with a 30" Half oct half round barrel.

Send in a token $50 deposit, send a check now and then on the balance when you can.

Wait for the gun....and wait... and wait....and wait................

Call comes one day..."You gun is going to production. Should have it in about 2 months."

Sweet!!!   only 2 month more!!  WAHOOO!!!  That's nothing!!

.....I had already waited patiently 51 MONTHS to get to that point... Total wait for the gun was 53 months...Worth every minute or it... and your freaking out because of a coulpe of days??

Lighten up Francis!!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#19]
If you aren't out any money then you need to chill the F**K out as a couple of years ago more than 100 people were ripped off for guns and money from a dick on the boards and as of now you are out exactly nothing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:09:15 AM EDT
[#20]
ORF RULES!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:28:49 AM EDT
[#22]
You've also got to look at the reputation of the Builder,ORF and In Range have excellent reputations and,more often than not,ship within a day or so of the target date.The sunset of the ban flooded all of the good builders,I think ORF's done well to do what they've been doing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What? No cockholster comments, no forced editing or unrequested deletions, no runaround about who to call or email this particular week, no phones or CC machine down?

What kind of board is this anyway, and where is Troy to put it in bold for me???????????????

Apparently we have a higher class of members,and staff,than some other site!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:57:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What? No cockholster comments, no forced editing or unrequested deletions, no runaround about who to call or email this particular week, no phones or CC machine down?

What kind of board is this anyway, and where is Troy to put it in bold for me???????????????

HEEE...HEEE.HEEEE...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#26]
If it's half as nice as the pics, then the wait will be well worth it.........I sent my order off and hope to get it soon............quality takes time, and I have plenty of time!  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Why in the hell would you wait almost 5 years for a rifle? Thats insane.

I went thru something like this with the one and only FAL I had built by a smith. Supposed the be done in X amount of time....not done. Shipping next week....not shipped. Wife had an accident of some sort (sat on scissors or something, I dont remember)...rifle not shipped. Will ship next week. House floods....rifle not shipped. Not done yet, done next week....next week, no shipped rifle.

When you first get into everything, specify you want it shipped via a carrier who gives tracking numbers, and you want the tracking number when it ships. Then you will know if you're getting smoke blown up your ass or not.

Took the better part of a year to get my FAL back, and when it came back, a buddy of mine who builds FALs (who I didnt meet till AFTER I had sent mine off to be built...damn Murphy rides again!) was far from impressed with the job that was done.

Anyway, the point.....

A couple days is no big thing. Always make sure that you get a tracking number. And if possible, either do your own builds or have a friend who does builds and will work for beer/pizza/a couple bucks, and cut the smith out entirely. Saves you time and money, and gives the smiths more time to install and remove chokes for the damn dirty duck hunters.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:18:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
........ and gives the smiths more time to install and remove chokes for the damn dirty duck hunters

Hey Bro,I believe that was a direct hit!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Since he hangs out here, my guess would be that Jeepcreep is NOT one of those damn duck hunting morons who look at your AR's and AK's and say "Whacha need dat fer? Ya caint huntz DUX wif it!"
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:24:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top