Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/27/2004 8:10:47 PM EDT
How hard is it to replace the magazine catch lever in front of the trigger guard?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:32:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
it's easy.

the most difficult part of the job is gettinh the latch lever and the stiff spring alingned simultaneously to get the rivet in place.

use a slave pin made from a nail or dowel to help hold things together as you slide the rivet in place.

then it's a simple matter of peining the heads of the rivet over equally.

Thanks Campy.

But are you descrbing getting it in?  If so, is getting it out the same routine?  

And also, certain words in there I have no idea what the mean.  They are in red.  Cold you explain them.

I am not exactly up to date with a lot of AK-build terms or other building terms in general.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh ok.  Thanks.

So if I will have to partially destroy the pivot pin / rivet that holds it in place, I will need to get a new one from K-VAR?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top