Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/25/2004 3:03:35 AM EDT
I have a barrel that threads into a milled receiver and want to uses it for a stamped receiver. Does anyone sell threaded trunnions.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I may be wrong here, but I think the standard practice is to turn the threads off the barrel and press it into a standard stamped trunion.  I guess to answer your question...I have never seen a threaded, stamped trunion.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys. What size do I have to take it down to. on the lathe. Looking at the barrel the end that goes into the trunnion only about an inch is threaded and the rest is smooth with a .905 diameter. Do I just take it down to that size. Where is a place to buy trunnions.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Again, unless I am mistaken the measurement is 22mm and 23mm for the RPK.  Sound about right Campy?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top