Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:23:37 PM EDT
Over three years ago I read about "Campy clones".  At that time AIM surplus was selling SAR-II's for $220.  Living my life by the philosophy of "why buy one, when you can have two at twice the price" I purchased two.  I contacted K-Var and purchased a polymer stock set, two threaded Romanian front sight bases.  I contacted "Informer" AKA Gary Guch to do the work.  I sent the two rifles, stock set, front sight bases, and requested him to re-park both rifles.  

I received my rifles back after two years minus my money order, various small parts and with less finish on the rifles than when they where shipped.  Needless to say I was demoralized.  I started reading the AK side of this sight and heard a lot of good things about Ohio Rapid Fire.  

Finally I got the courage and sent my rifles off to ORF.  Three weeks later they arrived back and they sure do look beautiful!  I ended up using a Warsaw length black and plum set of furniture.  Here is the finished product.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, this post makes more sense than the first one.  

Nice looking AKs. :)
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Indeed, they look great!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:49:28 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge to repark one rifle?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge to repark one rifle?

The black park, "Blark" is $85.00 plus shipping.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
first, let me say that i am deepl;y humbled by seeing a pair of fine 'campyclones'!!

proudly show off your akm gas block and tell the kalashnisnobs that you have a 100% 'correct to the romanian pattern' ak74 that is in the spirit of the soviet 'transitional' models! heheh!

i STILL shoot my sar2 more than any centerfire rifle in my collection.

You were my inspiration!  Tuesday I plan on hitting the 225 yard range with these two rifles and see what I can do with them!  

Now I am only awaiting my SEAK-II which should be arriving at my FFL tomorrow!  I can hardly wait.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats.  Sorry you had to go through the whole Gooch ordeal to get to this point.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congrats.  Sorry you had to go through the whole Gooch ordeal to get to this point.

It was a learning experience to say the least, but that is a topic for another likly to get locked fast thread.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top