Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/23/2004 4:09:08 AM EDT
Picked up my new Arsenal SAS M-7 "no-ban" with flash hider and bayonet lug on Tuesday...finally took a couple of pics of it.

Yes, this is the one that costs in excess of $1000...

http://www.hunt101.com/img/216055-big.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/img/216056-big.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/img/216058-big.JPG
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice Sigurd. Congratulations!

I have the SAM-7s which this reminds me of, save the folder and muzzle device

what do you think of the flash suppressor/muzzle brake? Does it screw on/off, or is it welded?

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]
That is an awsome looking AK

I was told that this model is very limited and will be hard to get, will Arsenal make more available?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That is an awsome looking AK

I was told that this model is very limited and will be hard to get, will Arsenal make more available?

artificially limited and hard to get.  I think Arsenal is being really gay by charging twice what a SAM-7 goes for for a flash hider, underfolder and bayonet lug. They could make as many as they want.

still a beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn nice looking! There is just something about a milled AK. A milled underfolder too boot. I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Howdy fellas,
First, that is a sweet piece right there. Its a damn shame how arsenal is handling the NO-Ban transition however.
I have a question for anyone who would know though....I have an SAM7s which I would like to change from the muzzle brake to the ARM1 flash hider. If i recall correctly, a new FSB is needed for this.
Can anyone here confirm a parts list for that conversion, and what type of  equipment is needed.
Thanks guys
John F
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anybody have a link to these "No-Ban" rifles on Arsenal's website? I'll be damned if I can find any mention of them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is a link to the rifle on Arsenal's page...

www.arsenalinc.com/sasm7pre.html

Lew Horton's (who had all of these rifles) has been sold out of them for almost 2 weeks now.

The flash hider screws off by hand, it's retained by a plunger in the FSB.

As for putting one of these flash hiders on a regular SA M-7...you will need to put on a '74 FSB and then it will just screw on.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great, congrats!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Lew Horton's (who had all of these rifles) has been sold out of them for almost 2 weeks now.

As for putting one of these flash hiders on a regular SA M-7...you will need to put on a '74 FSB and then it will just screw on.

Odd, did Arsenal just update there website recently? Like in the past two weeks? I swear it hasn't been that long since I checked. Well anyway, thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Do you know what the procedure for changing the FSB on a SAM7s, specifically if it requires a press and or jig, or if its just pins like an AR?
Thank you
John F.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]
looks great!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know what the procedure for changing the FSB on a SAM7s, specifically if it requires a press and or jig, or if its just pins like an AR?
Thank you
John F.

I've never done it myself, but I think you need a press. You could try asking in one of the build it yourself forums, I'm sure there is someone there who knows.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:19:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice rifle.  It sucks how Arsenal is sticking it to us after the ban.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:08:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Odd, did Arsenal just update there website recently? Like in the past two weeks? I swear it hasn't been that long since I checked. Well anyway, thanks for the link.

I think its been there for a month or so, but you have to look for it under it's product number, after selecting caliber, etc.

It wasn't promoted at all in the intro or the product cover page- oddly enough

unusual company - Arsenal.

they arguably have the best AK-styled weapons available, yet they do little to promote the fact
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top