Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:12:03 PM EDT
Just bought an Arsenal Model SA M-7 at the local pawn shop for $400 out the door. Rifle looks brand new. Good deal or not? Also, is the muzzle break threaded on and pinned (I can see the pins)or is it held on by some additional means? The magwell was extremely tight when I got the rifle but I found out the rivet on the rail on the left side of the gun was interferring with mag insertion. Few minutes with a file was all it took to get her up and running.

Thanks for any help, this is my second AK variant, first one is a MAC-90

Karl
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
SA M7's are some of the best non custom made AK's currently available in the US. $400 is a steal is its like new.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought I might have done good, just needed some back-up when the wife finds out
Also, what is it based on, parts-wise? Bulgarian, Romainia or what?

Karl
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Does this pawn shop have anymore at that price.  Evrytime I've ever went looking for guns at pawn shops I'd always run into deals like $600 for Mini-14 in very poor shape.  I just gave up on pawn shops.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:26:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
This is a great time of year to check pawn shops.. Everyone is getting rid of their summer toys, for fall hunting.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does this pawn shop have anymore at that price.  Evrytime I've ever went looking for guns at pawn shops I'd always run into deals like $600 for Mini-14 in very poor shape.  I just gave up on pawn shops.

I think that they have a CAI L1A1 (R1A1) for about $375 sitting on the shelf right now. Answered an alarm call at the pawnshop (false alarm) and noticed a pile of guns in the back office while checking the building. She said that they were going out on the shelf tomorrow. I had her hold the gun for me until I could get back the next day to put a down payment on it. they also have a Zavasta bolt action with a McGowan heavy (and I mean HEAVY) barrel in 7mm mag with a leopold 4-12 scope for around $695 but I'm sure that can go lower as it has been out on the rack for a while.

Karl
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
How does that rifle compare to the SLR-95 I just picked up for $300?  This AK  thing is new to me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top