Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/21/2004 10:14:51 AM EDT
I have been offered a new in the box SLR 101s for $600 Is this a reasonable price? Frankly looking at the quality of the gun I am very impressed. The only thing about the rifle was the OD green Nato length furniture Is K-Var the only source for furniture for these?

This is the SG rifle which takes Hi-Caps and the SG1 takes low caps. This also is a pistol gripped

Edited on 10/23/04
Ok I bought it for $550 out the door. Does anyone have a recomendation for finding a warsaw pact legnth stock for a milled reciever? OD green? Or am I looking at buying a whole new set of  funiture?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Not for a single stack

FAC

SLR 101 S AK Rifle
Bulgarian semiautomatic AK rifle with milled receiver. Has black thumbhole stock. Receiver is machined for a lower tang. Takes only single stack AK mags. With one short mag. Includes left side scope mount rail! Caliber 7.62x39. FFL Required.

ETA: www.arsenalinc.com/slr101s.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
All the SLR 101 rifles were imported as single stack rifles with the thumbhole stock. Arsenal Inc. did the receiver conversion to high-cap, and for the rifles with the straight stock, installed the lower tang. Unless it was a special order, the straight stock installed was the NATO length in either a black or O.D. green set.
The price offered is a reasonable retail price, about 15% over dealer.

Harlan
FAC
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I've often used the WASR10 as a comparison of the whole SLR-101S standard cap/low cap.  Some are T-holed and single stack whilst others have been converted.  Buyer beware

Sly
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top