Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2004 7:04:38 PM EDT
i have decided on either a romanian, bulgarian, or a russian varient, or should i look at other stuff/countries?

I DO want a side folding stock and the ability to take hi-cap mags and drums

the only rusian one i really liked was the vepr k, but the price w/ the folder is too damn much!
i want to keep the price around $500 or less, and have an ak that will give ok groups at 100yrds

what is the difference b/w a wasr-10, sar-1 and any other romanian ak??
so what should i be looking for?
what are some good brands/places i should be looking at?

also, i saw a romanian ak w/ folder and drum for $588 on impactguns.com, is this a ok buy?

thanks all
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks alot for the help
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
7.62x39's are to bad at 100 yards with good ammunition. I can usually get 4'' groups with a red-dot. I can't hit crap with open sights. My next purchase will be a 5.45x39 probably. Maybe a 5.56.

5.56 will do more damage to a person than both the 7.62 and the 5.45. The 7.62 may be the biggest but it actually does less damage. But a 7.62 will penetrate more than either of the others. (got this info from a post on here...not taking credit for this info).

The WASR-2 and -3 's are supposed to be coming. They are 308$ and already modded to take hi-cap mags. The 2 is a 5.45x39 and the 3 is a .223. With decent (at least matching) furniture the WASR's don't look that bad.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Or you could order a kit and receiver and either have a smith do the build or DIY. There's probably someone in your area, or not too awful far away, that could use a case of beer and hanging out for a day.

Never ordered from them, heard mixed things, but I-O has AK kits for cheap, varying conditions. FAC has on their website AK-74S side folder kits for about $300. More expensive than getting the WASR, but IIRC the kits are Bulgarian, supposed to be a good nationality for AK's.

There is also someone on the FALFiles who's got a big buy going on. Wolfsburg Bob, maybe? Dont remember right off hand. Just remember I couldnt afford one. Ahh, the story of my life!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top