Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2004 12:49:04 PM EDT
I have seen the stuff that Global has at gun shows.  I have a yearning to buy a couple of receivers and a couple of parts kits as a set aside for something in the future.  I really liked those kits that were brought in from Israel and made from seized PLO AKs.

Do you think I should get an AK or AKM type receiver?

What parts kits are out there that would produce a good build, either fixed or folding?  I don't really care for the Krink or the rifle with the forward pistol grip.  Just a matter of personal taste.

Your responses are apprieciated.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I been trying to save kits for rainy days but it never works. As soon as UPS shows up I open that box I usually tell myself well I will just get it ready for a build, then by about 3:00 AM  its all together and hanging up waiting for the Alumahyde II  to dry.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently put together an AMD63 with a OOW reciever.
Got my kit from FAC.It was first rate.
I thought the reciever was exceptionaly nice,but this was my first AK build so Im no expert.
I will be ready to test fire in a week or so and then the duracote
I think putting away kits for long winter evenings (or God forbid, John Kerrys election) is a fantastic idea.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Not that I think I am in a huury to build Bulgy 74s but where are these kits from that you are describing?

Personally, I have a few of the Romanian AMD-65s, a pair of I/O Romanian AKMs, and a really special Polish PMKMS...  I have been practicing with the AMD-65s with screw builds and I am trying to movet to rivets to do one of the AKMs and when I am confident I will build my PMKMS kit...

I am sticking with 7.62x39 as I have a lifetime supply of 7.62x39 mags...  I am sure some day I will want to move on but that is where I am starting...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]
tagged
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top