Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 6:00:51 PM EDT
I bought a folding stock for a  Romainian SAR, and had to take the wooden stock off first.  I took out the visible screw thinking only one screw held the stock in, and then started trying to pull the wood stock out to no avail.
I put the stock in a vise and started pulling and rocking back and forth, and finally it came out-only to my chagrin I discovered another screw was holding in the stock, and I broke it (looked like a cheap wood screw) and got the stock out.  The head of this screw is hidden under the base that anchors the recoil spring on the gun (I don't know the correct nomenclature).
Anyway, I inspected it and didnt see any damage to the back trunion(?) and put the folder on.  I shot the gun about 80 rounds afterwards with no problems, so am I OK?????
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Which Folding stock did you get??
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:39:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Which Folding stock did you get??

the wire lookin' side folder
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You are fine.  I did this with my first Ak rebuild. No damage.

Thanks..talk about feeling like a dumbass, it never occured to me two screws held it in!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#5]
On my SAR1 and WASR,  even with both screws out,  the stock was so tight I had to pound it out with a punch.  Felt like it was glued in.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
i don't know, could be damaged...

Tell ya what, I will offer to buy that damaged AK for, say, 75 bucks just for parts
I bought a Tapco AMD kit this summer for $59.99 so $75 seems fair.

I figure that is a good deal for you since you wont have to worry about it
being bad and having something go wrong with it    

Damn.......that never works!!

Your gun is fine...

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Throw your AK on the ground about a hundred times, soak it in mud, salt water, run it over with your car and use it as a frisbee....

then I MIGHT think that you may have damaged your AK.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
On my SAR1 and WASR,  even with both screws out,  the stock was so tight I had to pound it out with a punch.  Felt like it was glued in.

same with me, that bitch wouldnt come out
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Campy, you ok over there??

I notced a more than usual amount of errors in that last post

Thought you might have a exhaust leak in the S-10...

Unless you just graduated from the from the "DTHOR School of Secretarial Sciences"

...in which case your fine...

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#11]
At least you know that 2nd screw is there now!

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
the kalashnikov is designed to withstand battlefiel buttstrokes to the head and peasants in america!

it the rear trunnion is still tight, you did not hurt a thing.

I assume its tight, it was hard to get the wire folder in there
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top