Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/16/2004 4:36:26 PM EDT
Does anyone know whether the Yugo AK/RPK mount offered by Valdada will fit on the M-76?

Here's a link:  http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/04i

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Kvar made one at one point.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:45:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the lead on P-A Dist., but I've been waiting for mounts from them for a good year now and all I seem to get is "They're coming!"  Or "They're on the way and should be here shortly!"  Also, I'm looking for something that I can use 1913 style rings or STANAG rings to secure the scope.

Kurt
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
yes, that mount should fit the standard yugo optic mounting rail.

Is this a "Yes, the Valdada mount will work," or a "Yes, the P-A mount will work"?

i have a friend that is selling zrak optics/mounts...let me see if i can find a link to his site.

I know Bill, too.  I'm just getting tired of waiting for product to arrive; it's going on a year now for a mount for an M-77 that was supposed to have been back in stock last January.

Kurt
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Since these guns are now kit builds, maybe the common AKM rail can be installed instead of the technically correct Yugo part?

Not possible without a *lot* of work.  The scope rail is milled as part of the receiver rather than a rivet on rail.  From a stability aspect, this is a good idea, but IMO, I would have preferred being able to put on a rail with more common dimensions so that mounts would be a bit easier to source.

Kurt
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually Bob thank you!

Here is my question why screw around with a mount that is not the original. The M76 rail is dimensions are different from the standard combloc mounts. Meaning they will not go on. That being said the IOR mounts are actually being changed to fit the rail of the M77.

But the fact still remains that they are not the same as the original, they do indeed sit up too high and do not center the scope over bore. Only the Yugo original mounts have this ability/design.

The IOR is a nice idea but it is not the same. Its like asking a Chinaman to feed your dog. You won't get the needed result and the Chinaman walks away fat and happy.

hen
www.p-a-distributing.com
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:42:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Kurt,
  Hey you have not been waiting a year! So do me a favor and don't exaggerate. The mounts we expect shortly and the mount is going to be free as a swap out for you since you sold your rifle as is the scope.

Nothing worse than exaggerating the truth. I bust my ass to get these for everyone so you have no idea what it takes to do so. The K-Var mount was an abomination and did not work, that is why they sold they all off and stopped selling them, they were for the wide rail. IOR was an alternative to not having anything at all avialable and also was for the wide rail.

If you have a problem with the wait them you call me, as far as the reat of the world they are patient and waiting just like always.

You know after you had your scope for many months I could have been a dick like many and said no exchange out for the 8mm. We don't do that and will not do that, you are the first we have done that for, ever, when it was requested that you would be selling your rifle and wanted the 8mm in exchange. But I am going to have a problem with you when you put up what I consider to be a negative that is well, not entirely true. Your starting to sound like a Democratic candidate.

Do me a favor here, just one, stop screwing around. If you need an update you call me and I'll be glad to do so. Besides if you had called you would realize your wait is getting shorter, very short.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
My comments and questions to Bill have been taken offlist.  No disrespect was intended and if it was taken as such, I apologize.

Kurt
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:01:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Man, just when I thought it was safe...

I left the Guns Network to get away from the so-called AKExpert. He seems to spread shit where ever he goes.

Do me and all of us a favor, go back to your little forum and continue ruling over the weak and feeble AK newbies.

ls
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I left the Guns Network to get away from the so-called AKExpert. He seems to spread shit where ever he goes.

Do me and all of us a favor, go back to your little forum and continue ruling over the weak and feeble AK newbies.

ls

You weren't the target, I was, and things are resolved.  So just let things be, there's no need to stir the shit and start flame war.

Kurt
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ls

You weren't the target, I was, and things are resolved.  So just let things be, there's no need to stir the shit and start flame war.

Kurt

Kurt-

I know I wasn't the target, but Mr. Assclown has been on my list for a few years now.

Like I said before, I wish he'd stay in his part of the world, away from those which try to avoid him.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top