BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 5:45:08 PM EDT
Here is the link to it

VZ-2000

Any of you all have one of these? and if so what do you think of them?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking gun but I would never pay that much for it.  I believe someone from Canada posted an ad earlier with a version of this firearm which even though "assault weapons" are banned there is legally available and was somewhere in the vicinity of $600.00 CDN if I remember right.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The version in Canada is probably a converted original full auto receiver, which is legal there.

Comparing the two is apples and oranges.
$600 CDN is actually quite expensive when you figure the kits sell for less then $200 in the US.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The version in Canada is probably a converted original full auto receiver, which is legal there.

Comparing the two is apples and oranges.
$600 CDN is actually quite expensive when you figure the kits sell for less then $200 in the US.

It's not so much a question of the kit cost, but the crazy price tag on the reciever. OOW charges a fortune for it. I don't know of anything else available here in the US.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it does cost allot to make a new design, debug it, get it ATF approved, and so on. You ever look at the price of a US made AK-47 milled receiver? Not cheap, and the semi auto design was already there. Remember that these are new US made items, not some surplus rifle sold at way below what it would cost to make one today.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]
It cost a lot more than I would pay for it.

Plus it doesn't use AK mags or parts.   Which means that it's strictly a safe queen.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw some parts kits at Knob Creek for $89 or so.  Didn't Sarco or someone advertise a semiauto version of the original gun several months ago in SGN?  If so, there already was a legal receiver to copy so much of the research was already done for OOW.  On the other hand, they did have to also make the appropriate number of US parts.  I agree with Taipan, the receiver cost is the issue.

Mags were readily available last year.

Ken
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
100% in agreement with Campy on this one...
I have 4 parts kits sitting here, as well  as some very rare accesories, but for that kind of cash, it would have to be VERY authentic and come with factory enamel blue/grey paint....
Wonder if they are going to make the folder receiever, as I have one folder parts kit....

Just saw Full Metal Jacket last night coincidentally..  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]
the VZ58's coming into canada  are not made with converted FA receivers, they are being made at the factory with semi recievers only....as converted autos can not come in the country anymore...stupid gun laws  and I have one on order  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey lightning, I have owned quite a few Vz-52s, and I have about 1200 rounds of X45 ammo...
I now own one minty Vz-52 and one dead mint Vz-52/57. I spent about $600 on both of those rifles,
and I think I could probably get about $1200 for them as is right now to the right collector. I have no regrets on mine,  I love Czech 'shtuff' second only to Russian! I also have a shooter X39 conversion that I have mod'd fully to /57 specs, and I have shot the hell out of that thing!!!

-C
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#12]
A Czech vz58 and lady soldier.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw a large group of new afghan troops with these on some kind of parade duty on a news report the other day.  Can't for the life of me figure out why they'd go with a non-standard AK style rifle that uses none of the same parts, different mags, etc....
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
the VZ58's coming into canada  are not made with converted FA receivers, they are being made at the factory with semi recievers only....as converted autos can not come in the country anymore...stupid gun laws  and I have one on order  

CZ does sell a version in the Czech commercial market for pretty cheap, guess this is the version imported in Canada?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#15]
It is one of the worst built AK clones and one of the most inaccurate of the bunch. Thats's the user poop on them. The current US clone is totally overpriced, although they are just perfect examples and the workmanship there, one has to realize the investment to design the receiver and labor to CNC these. Since these are not in major numbers that alone will suffice for the collectablity. Basically thise with the disposable income will purchase and those without will not.

I for one am not really enamoured by them as they just don't, well let me make this easier, I can think of many rifle at 1200 that can put it to shame, how about a fully rigged 700 bolt.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Wouldn't buy it for $1200 but I've always been interested in the design.  Seems better than the AK in some respects, IIRC it has a bolt hold open device and a proper safety.  Czech build quality has a top-notch reputation.  If it was priced similar to a VEPR, say $500-$600, I'd be tempted depending on mag availability.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top