Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/13/2004 10:59:38 AM EDT
Arsenal USA, two months out no waiting list.  Atlantic, waiting lists a mile long.  ORF, waiting list.  I have no problem being on a waiting list a little while to get what I want.  But my question is this, is the imaginary freighter I have pictured in my head loaded down with underfolders, 74's etc... going to dock anytime soon?  Should I get on one of the lists now and buy?  Or wait it out a little bit to see what comes.  Granted the demand will still be high, but am I waiting for something that might never materialize?  And if I hold out, will I be left in the cold?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Flip a  coin.    heads=you buy now      tails=you wait
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't wait too long,take a long look at the past and,eventually,you'll see the future.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
This is where the expression " a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" comes into play.

In true ARFCOM fashion, you could always buy now and buy again later!  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Littlebrook,
    I'm on the waiting list for a Vector thru Atlantic.  Their wait time is 5-6 weeks, according to them.
    I've been waiting for ten f@&%$* years now for non-ban guns...I can wait another 1 1/2 months!
    I can wait and I don't mind spending extra money to get one (the price will likely come down when the initial rush dies down, I know).
    The only way I will complain is if Vector tries to crank'em out too fast and I get a sloppy rifle...only THEN I would feel cheated!

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Littlebrook,
    I'm on the waiting list for a Vector thru Atlantic.  Their wait time is 5-6 weeks, according to them.
    I've been waiting for ten f@&%$* years now for non-ban guns...I can wait another 1 1/2 months!
    I can wait and I don't mind spending extra money to get one (the price will likely come down when the initial rush dies down, I know).
    The only way I will complain is if Vector tries to crank'em out too fast and I get a sloppy rifle...only THEN I would feel cheated!

Same here. For the $450 or so I consider it insurance. I will buy from Arsenal Inc as well when they get their shit together.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#7]
In theory, if Kerry does get elected (blasphemy I know)  Wouldn't it be at least 3 to 4 months before he could do anything?  Seems like with that amount of time, they should have pretty well deluged the maket by then. I hope!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#8]
wait
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I think if Bush wins we'll see a slow down in the buying madness buy the end of November because Christmas will be just around the corner.  If dickhead wins then who knows.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]
If dickhead wins I will stock up on some more parts kits and receivers.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#11]
If dickhead wins they'll try to find a way to baan building your own as well as the loopholes which have allowed us to keep on enjoying our AKs over the past ten years.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top