Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 7:42:36 PM EDT
I am looking to get a smaller caliber AK next. I will probably get one of the WASR's. The #2 is a high capacity 5.45x39 while the #3 is a .223 caliber. I figure either of these should be more accurate than my current MAK90. However not sure how much. I thought about getting an AR but my 7.62x39 is plenty accurate...so if a 5.45x39 or a .223 is at least slightly more accurate I will be happy. 7.62x39 is the deer gun...the other may be a varmit and plinker.

BTW...main reason I am not getting a ar is because I have accumulated MANY ak parts already. The WASR 2 or 3 will definetly get my choate stock and some other goodies I have got so far. I am not sure why but I really want one a smaller caliber gun. I'm sure I'll be after a 7.62x54 eventually
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one of the 2's on order waiting for their arrival. Mags for the 5.45 seem to be more abundant. Both have very little recoil. I've got a Bulgarian 74 kit waiting to be built, so that's another reason why I'm going with the 2. I've got a PAR-3 that fills my .223 hole. A couple AR's also help.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Figure .223 mags are harder to find but the ammo selection is probably really nice.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have fired the 5.45 and I can tell you that it will give you good accuracy for an AK.  Also, it's got a VERY gentle recoil that makes it nice to shoot.  I think I would go with the 5.45.  It's more "authentic", and that's something I always like.  
The only real advantage of the .223 is that you would have a lot more ammo choices.    
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top