Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 6:40:08 AM EDT
Hey,

I just thought I would let you all know how my WASR-10 was shooting.

Once again, I didn't take any targets out to see exactly what kind of groups it was putting out, but the bullets were pretty much hitting where I aimed.

My friends and I went out hunting at 1:30pm central time. We didn't get done until 10:20pm.  Actually, I guess you could say we were done before that, it was the trip back to my friend's house that took a bit of time.

We set up some old glass bottles on a dirt pile. The WASR-10 was putting the bullets right around where I aimed. I didn't hit all the bottles, though. I, in fact, missed quite abit. The WASR-10's sights were probably on target, it's just that I probably wasn't shooting correctly. ( operator error)

Later on in the day we went back out shooting, and I bagged two jack rabbits. One I hit on the first shot. Ripped the under skin(belly area) wide open; guts were hanging out, yet still intact, and seemed in perfect condition, except for the gaping hole.  
The second one, it took about two or three shots, and I finally shot him in the hind quarters, shattered his left hind leg.

The two mags, ( the only ones that I had), that came with the rifle, functioned flawlessly. The thirty round magazine wobbles a bit more in the mag well than the twenty, but it's not something that I'll lose sleep over.  

Now I have to go clean the birty bugger, since I passed out as soon as I sat on my bed. VERY long day.   besides the normal carbon, and gasses making the rifle dirty, it was a bit breezy out there, and for some reason, the dirt that was blowing around seemed to like to stick to the finish on my WASR-10.  

BTW & FWIW:
I was firing Wolf and Barnaul HP's.
I was wondering, since my first rabbit had such a large hole in him, does that mean that the Barnaul(the ammo I was using at the time) HP's open up like the should? I know that a few times, people have said that Wolf HP's almost acted like a FMJ, and didn't open up all that well, so I was just wondering if Barnaul was the same way, or if they actually open up, or mushroom like they should.

Later,
kc
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top