Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2004 11:33:45 AM EDT
Trying to decide if I want to go with a side folder, or underfolder for a no ban AK.

Obviously, the underfolder conversion would be a tough job. And anybody who is making working underfolders are back ordered.

Andin terms of side folders, the only ones I can find are the Romanian side folding wire stocks. And I've never thought they looked that good.

That is until I saw some pictures of what looked like Romanian paratroopers with side folding AK's and foreward grip furniture on it. For some reason that looked pretty freaken cool, compared to just plain furniture anyway.

Was wondering if you guys could post some pics of your AK's with Romy side folders installed. Both folded and unfolded would be great.

Hopefully that will help me make up my mind.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Was just getting ready to post a pic of a 5.56 Romy, with a side folder that was just installed. Good timing.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya, saw the link at the top of the page. What a great resource that is! Some stuff I've never seen before that's for sure. Unfortunately, I'm on dial up, so it only seems to load a certain amount at a time. I figure if I keep at it I'll be able to see the whole page by December.

Why no mags in the side folder AK's I wonder? For some reason, AK's always look funny without a "banana clip".

BallisticTip, nice gun man. How does that stock feel as far as shooting it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Obviously, the underfolder conversion would be a tough job. And anybody who is making working underfolders are back ordered.

I'm actually going to try exactly that.  I have a Romanian underfolder kit coming.  I'm going to try and put that underfolder assembly on a SAR-1.

This would be my first DIY project, so I am hoping I can do it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle Ballistic...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Romy side-folder on my AK-74 clone:

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The stock has a very solid feel to it, and shoulders good. They are a lot better than they look, for this type of folder.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top