Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2004 10:19:26 AM EDT
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210050

Today we have rolled back Registered Members permissions...

If you are having problems in the following areas below, it is because we have rolled back the privileges, so Registered Members can no longer:

use Private Messages
Cannot Edited posts
Post pictures
Play Arcades
Cannot use SEARCH feature
Cannot view other members profile
Cannot use Signatures
HOSTING PICTURES on our Server

They will have to pay us $20.00 a year for the above privileges which equals 0.06 a day or $1.66 a month. The servers and software and the time spent cost way more then that.

If the members decide to upgrade then everything they knew before will be the same. If folks have already contributed in the last 9 months $5.00 or $10.00 then they just need to contribute the difference and please send us a copy of your receipt or how you paid so we can look up your record of the transaction.

Folks Guns Network has been buying ALL the BEER, SNACKS and paying for the CABLE BILL for the last 8 years.

It is about time members start contributing to Guns Network and start putting a little money in the hat!

To upgrade today click on the "Membership Upgrade Center" (in YELLOW) up above in the blue bar area. Please allow uo to 4 to 6 hours to have your permissions changed due to staff not being around 24/7.

Guns Network Staff

I think I'm going to be spending ALOT less time on that board.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I am now officially done there.  I kept a membership so I could lurk and so forth.

However, If I have to pay to have any semblence of privlidges, I will upgrade to a paying membership here(which I will do after this post), and bag gunsnet all together.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a sign that Gunsnet.net is dying out. Their advertising clients are not making them enough cash to stay online. They won't get any of my money, that's for sure.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's a sign that Gunsnet.net is dying out. Their advertising clients are not making them enough cash to stay online. They won't get any of my money, that's for sure.

Nor mine.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The NEW POSTS feature that I relied upon is now gone - and so am I. What a bunch of clowns.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Those ASSHOLES are driving their site into the ground faster than a bunker buster bomb.  I discovered that my PM had disappeared myself without seeing that notice. WTF? They way they treat members is sickening. My posting over there has slowly dropped off to near nothing anyway, I mainly go to view the classifieds where I have picked up a lot of parts, oh well. I can't PM sellers anymore nor look up their profiles to get email addresses. What are they thinking?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
$20 to update your own profile and access your private messages (not that they are actually 'private' over there..) You can't even update your options!

Enjoy watching the end to gunsnetwork. People leaving = advertisers losing business = no sponsors = end of gunsnutwork.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#9]
While I have visited them less and less over the past 6 months I now consider myself done with them.  I went to edit my profile (delete data) and found I could not even access it.  I'm glad I cleared my PM's a few weeks back and cleared my pics from the photo server a few month ago.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Lets load it up boys
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top