Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/9/2004 1:20:26 PM EDT
Anyone know the laws pertaining to civilian being able to purchase or build an SBR in Missouri. I am interested in building a Krinkov but I need to find out the state laws first here in Missouri before I start.  I know what the Federal Laws say but was wondering about State laws and just wanted to see if anyone here has done it before or where I would look for info.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
So we can only have SBRs that are considered C&Rs ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
yes. check the batfe site for the current c&r listings.

Incorrect.  You need a C&R license in order to have an SBR, but the gun itself does not have to be a C&R gun.  MO requires you to have an FFL to own NFA items and the C&R is cheapest and easiest to get, thus the so-called "C&R requirement".  However our own HKocher has an SBR HK94 and several other Missouri members have SBR'ed AR15s from CMMG.

Best way to go about doing it is to buy the receiver, send off the form 1, and wait for your SBR paperwork to come back.  Then, with paperwork in hand, send the receiver off to be built as an SBR from the get-go instead of starting with a 16 inch barrel and having to chop it later on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
P.S. There are some nice complete Krinkov SBR's for sale at Ozark Armory.  Don't know if they have a webpage or not.  They had one in .223 awhile back that was neato frito.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top