Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2004 2:30:13 PM EDT
are there any companies who sell kits to convert ban models into no ban models. I wont to add a flash suppressor and bayonet lug?
thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
K-Var has the gas block with bayo lug. They also have the muzzle brakes and detent pins/springs for an AK rifle. AK's didn't/don't use flash suppressors. They have nothing or a muzzle brake.

Bushmaster does make a M16-type birdcage flash suppressor with the left hand threads for an AK.

Installing the gas block isn't exactly a do-it-yourself project. Unless you are mechanically inclined and know what you're doing. I am mechanically inclined but don't have shop to work so I farmed it out to an AK 'smith.  Had him thread the muzzle while he was at it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I put one of the Bushmaster A1 style flash supressors on my SLR-95 using a dyna-systems threading kit. It was easy.
I like the looks of it over the standard "blast enhancer" muzzle brake that came with the rifle.
Haven't shot it at night yet, so I don't know how good it works.
I ordered a flash suppressor spring and detent pin from K-VAR, and drilled the hole in the front sight base to mount it. It came out sweet! Looks like it came from the factory that way. You have to really make sure to drill the hole in the front sight base at the right spot and to the right depth,as the detent pin and spring is 'captured' by one of the front sight base pins.
As far as the bayo lug and changing the front sight base, well, that may be a job for a gunsmith..
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, SAR-1's already have the hole drilled in the Front Sight Block being that it is an AKM FSB. He should be fine! Put a flash hider on it if you'd like, brother, it's your rifle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top