Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2004 12:43:00 AM EDT
I ordered Tapco retainer spring #ak0623 hoping to get rid of the shepards hook blues. I had issues with the retainer plate, and am heading toward eclips. This is my last resort. Can someone explain how to install it? It looks like a big L with a loop at each end. No reference to it on the linx site. Thanks
www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=AK0623&back=yes&dept=190&last=13
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
And how the heck do I post a link! I thought I had it, try try again.

AHA! /url! Now if I can figure out how to put in my thingy. . . .
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#2]
You take the selector lever out of the receiver.  You slide the AK retainer spring under the hammer pin against the left side of the receiver.  It will slide into the hammer pin groove.  It then lies in the groove on the top side of the trigger pin.  You then replace the selector lever back into the right side of the receiver but before you put it into the hole in the left side of the receiver you go through the wound end of the retainer spring.  The selector lever holds the retainer spring in place.  It is easier for me that the shepard's crook but the retainer plate from RSA worked in all my AK type rifles except a milled Bulgarian.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, just get the shepards hook replacement plate from RSA. It takes 2 minutes to install it and about 2 minutes to remove it if you wanted to. Much better and stronger IMO.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a few of the TAPCO retainer springs and they are great , they take maybe , two minutes to install as well.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#5]
When I put in the retainer plate, I had some problems. During rapid fire, the safety would engage itself.  Also, the trigger pin rotated, which isn't a huge deal but I'd rather not have it happen.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I just wanted to say +1 on this spring. Even I can put it in! And the pins have never been tighter. I got 2, and it says supplies are limited.  So for anyone with shepard's hook troubles, I'd recommend them.
Thanks, MAK for the tutorial.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top