Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2004 12:03:16 PM EDT
I'm looking for the front loader type... I can't seem to find anyone selling one... Who made them? I am quessing that all Romanian made are top loading and Chinese made front loading... But I am not sure on that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
yes china back loading, romy russian top loaders. Put a ad in the equipment exchange,I see them for sale quite regularily
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the EE regularly.   Two Chicoms were for sale last night.  

ETA:  Here you go  www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=227740
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like $90 is the average price on them... Are they much better than the top loaders or does it really matter?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like $90 is the average price on them... Are they much better than the top loaders or does it really matter?

Worth the extra $ IMHO.  The Chinese back loading allows you to simply drop the rounds in.  The mag's spring is not under any stress until you are ready to fire and wind it up.  If you decide not to empty the mag, simply depress the spring pressure release button. (I almost said "whatchamacallit" there)

The Romanians are probably a pain in the ass to load.  Every round has to be pushed in from the top, while loaded the spring is under constant pressure.

HTH.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The back loading would be much better thats for sure. Last longer and be much easier to load. I plan on picking one up soon.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn... I should have asked this question before ordering a romanian... Oh well...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Chinese drum-   Be extra careful when depressing the center mag spring release button (whatchamacallit) to release the spring tension.  Most of those have a very sharp edge and when spinning will do a nice job of slicing your finger tip.

Romanian drum-   These are made of a heavier gauge steel than the Chinese.  May last longer.  They seem less... 'chintzy'.  I load mine while watching tv.  Does'nt seem like much of a chore that way.  At the range I will reload the Chinese drums and just empty the Romo's once.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
will a standard lula work with a romanian drum?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#10]
No.

They have a lever on the front that you have to depress for each round loaded.  So you push the lever, drop a round in, let the lever return, rinse, repeat.  75 times.  You'll be able to do pullups with your thumbs after the 3rd or 4th time you do it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#11]
damn.

There goes that idea!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Just loaded a romanian for the first time.  My thunb hurts.   Took 1/10 the time to load the chinease after.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#13]
In my search for a Chinese drum I find that they range from $90 to $150... or even higher at some web sites! I'm willing to go $90 but....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top