Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 5:42:42 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

I really need some advice on insurance for my Gun Collection.  I've far exceeded my Home owners and they are now over charging me.

So, you do you use?  Have you had to make claims?  

Let me know
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I inquired with my IA a while ago.  I'm good for now but he said I could up it later for very little.  

Don't they sell gun Ins.  Through the NRA or GOA?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used these guys a few years ago: www.collectinsure.com/

Their rates are good, but I could never could quite pin them down to what they consider a "collectible" and "regular use gun" (define occasional use) even though their FAQ says:

Q. If I regularly shoot my guns or carry a gun for self protection can I insure these guns?

A. No. Our coverage is for guns mainly owned as collectibles.  If you occasionally shoot a gun for hunting or on a range we can insure it.  For instance, if you take a particular gun out a couple of times a year on a hunting trip and it is stolen from your vehicle while eating dinner after a hunting trip, we pay.

On the other hand, if while hunting you fire the gun and the gun is damaged while firing, this type of loss is excluded.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When you start scheduling....anything.... you are talking $$$!

That's what I'm finding out.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
First determine what loss you are trying to insure.  If it is mainly theft, get a better safe and an alarm.  If it is fire, get a fire safe and a fire sprinkler system.  To find a policy to cover, lets say, $25K or $50K in guns, you are talking some bank per year.  NRA insurance is NOT cheap.  

A homeowners policy will cover a very small amount and a rider usually requires an appraisal, which, in itself, is costly.  

decisions, decisions......
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I also found the Collectibles Insurance Copmpany in the back of shot gun news (same company Engneer pointed out).  I may try them since it would be a little less than a $100.  Most of my stuff doesn't make it out on a regular basis.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
When you start scheduling....anything.... you are talking $$$!

Yeah,  Look at the price of drugs after congress did that!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top