Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/5/2004 7:13:45 AM EDT
Today I got my AMD 65.  However, the stock doesn't fold.  How would I go about fixing this little problem.  I know it's probably easy, but it's my first ak and I don't want to mess something up.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Built gun and not a kit?
Sure you found the stock release mechanism?
Prob made pre-sunset with a dab of weld/epoxy in the hinge.

Yes, it's a built gun.  There is a button on the back of receiver.  That probably is the stock release mechanism.  However, it does absolutely nothing.  If there is a weld, how would I go about removing it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
On your AMD-65, is there a slot cut in the right rear side of the receiver for the stock to fold in?

On some of the cheaper "pre-sunset" AMD-65 builds I've seen, the builders didn't even cut the slot in the receiver for the stock to fold in.....

If the folder slot is present on the receiver, the stock is probably pinned, spot-welded, or epoxyed as RS39 said. Depending on the builder this could of been done a number of different ways....

If the folder slot is not present on the receiver, your AMD-65 will need quite a bit of work to get a functional folder.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, there is a slot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Try unscrewing the button. There may be a piece of tube so it won't fold. If so, replace it with a spring and have at it

Mike
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:27:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Try unscrewing the button. There may be a piece of tube so it won't fold. If so, replace it with a spring and have at ithr

I've read the same thing about builds from some companies.  Unscrew the button and remove the piece of tubing from the bottom and replace it with a spring.  I think Tapco sells the springs by themselves.  If not, check around, I know I saw someone selling them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top