Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/4/2004 9:53:31 PM EDT
Hello, everyone.  I am biting my nails waiting on my SEAK II.  It will be my first AK 74, and I am guessing the bore diameter is less than a 5.56 ar (since the bullet is 5.45).  Will my coated .22 rod, jag, and bore brush fit in the bore and work ok?  Thanks for answers on this, I am guessing it will, just making sure.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:17:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I like to cut a length of  weed wacker line and melt one end to form a jag.  Cut a point on the other end and thread a wet patch onto the line.  Use the line as a bore snake...you will cause no damage to your crown or rifling and it does a damned fine job.  I don't even own any bore brushes anymore.  I do keep chamber brushed for my AR's and HK's, but thats it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
hanks for letting me know and the suggestions, everyone.  I thought it would be ok, but wanted to make sure.  Thanks again.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top