Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:21:20 PM EDT
Any of you guys have any dealings with Brown's Sporting Goods in Rio Grande, Texas?

website

I ordered & sent payment for a rifle they told me was "In stock & ready to ship"

They have not shipped the rifle, and they do not answer my emails or  phone messages!!

If anyone has some insight on these guys...., please clue me in!!!!

I'd sure hate to have to make a trip to Texas just to set their SHIT STRAIGHT!!!!!

I don't know about you guys..., but I have been incountering more & more problems lately buying out of state, and/or online.  It sure never used to be that way!!!!    

I wonder what's going on
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone???

How about you Texans??
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
steers and queers, every one of them

sorry, just giving out random bumps
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the rifle online, by email they confirmed the price, shipping cost & that the rifle was "In stock & ready to ship!"  

3 days later they  recieved  my Postal money order & FFL Priority Mail ( I have the delivery confirmation) That was over 2 weeks ago!!  

I just can't figure it out.  Judging from their website they appear to  be a pretty big outfit.

Is there a way to put the word out on the internet, so when people do a search for "Brown's Sporting Goods"  a "Buyer Beware" type window or comment comes up??

I think I'll contact their local police department & see if they can, or will do anything for me on this one!!

Any other suggestions would be welcome!!   I'm up here in Washington State & it's a lo----ng way to Texas!!

I'm really starting to get pissed!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never heard of them, and I have spent some time in that area. I can't see to big a gunstore outfit around Rio Grande City. If I didn't live 500 miles from there I would drop by and check them out. I ask my B-I-L if he has ever heard of them.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I contacted the Rio Grande City Police.  They assigned a  Dectective to the case & will be looking into it!  The mailing address my payment was sent to on "West Water Street" is the same street the Police dept. is on....,  they have never heard of that Bussiness..., but someone had to be at that address to get my payment!! So I guess it's a wait & see sinerio!!

I hope to hear from the Dectective in the next couple of days.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"West Water Street" is the same street the Police dept. is on....,  0j]

Hmmm, wonder if there's a connection?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think there's a connection....., but you would think a police dept. would know about a gun dealer on the same street as them!!

And they do!  The Rio Grande Detective assigned to the case called me today & said that he is very fimailar with Brown's,  and that they have always been a reputable outfit!  The "Dic" said he would pay them a visit & let me know what he comes up with!!

Things might be looking up!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Tagged -

Hope it works out for you!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck RU4,

Rio Grande is one of the biggest dope smuggling towns in Texas.  Everybody is dirty down in the "valle" valley.  In general, nothing good comes from there accept fruit and vegtables.
-vato
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a call yesterday morning from the Rio Grande, TX. Detective looking into my situation. Brown's  told him they had already shipped the rifle..., and what do you know the today I received  an email with tracking info. showing a "10 pound" package is "in Transit" to my location.

Those lie'in assholes....., they didn't ship it until AFTER the Cop went to see them!!!  

I sure hope it's my rifle anyway....., and not a 10 pound sack-0-SHIT!!

Anyway...., GOOD kudos to the Rio Grande police Dept.  Looks like they came through for me!!!

I'll post an update when & if ithe Rifle shows up!!!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]
They are aware that your FFL dealer will be receiving the package. So it is doubtfull they would pull something rediculous like shipping 10 lbs of telephone books, knowing you would have witnesses to the fraudulant act when the box was opened. Let's hope they send you EXACTLYwhat you ordered. Finding out the hard way that you were not going to be a push-over, I'd bet that they sent you what you paid for.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Vato and Doorgunner have Rio Grande City pegged, my B-I-L had never heard of them. If you are ever in Rio Grande City, vist Caro's for some pretty fair Tex-Mex.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks guys....., I know nothing about Texas!  Except I'm way..... up here...., and my money went way...., down yonder!!!

Sounds like the place to go for a good plate of Tex-Mex...., but I think I'll refrain from buying any more lead hoses there!!

I knew there had to be some Texans on this forum,  Thanks for all your input.., !!!

RU4FREEDOM ---  out
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:It might be interesting to see what type of feedback this guy has on the auction boards.  I hope that you get your rifle.

My thought exactly!!  So I checked their feedback before placing my ordering.

GunBroker.com Feedback:    187-Positive   4-Negative

AuctionArms.com Feedback:   57-Positive    1-Neutral   1-Negitive

Looked like a pretty good gamble!

In all fairness...., if it does work out..., it's a scream'in deal.  Almost $100 less than anyone else on a $750 rifle!!

"A good deal is only good if you actually get the goods!!!"

I'm thinking this "Deal" went down a little too...... close to Mexico!!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I live about an hour away from rio grande city, and yea its a shithole, no wonder its the poorest city in the poorest county in the country, oh yea ahh you got a good deal huh.  So what did you order, or is it a secret
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I live about an hour away from rio grande city, and yea its a shithole, no wonder its the poorest city in the poorest county in the country, oh yea ahh you got a good deal huh.  So what did you order, or is it a secret

No secrets here!  I ordered a Remington 700 LV SF (Light Varmint Stainless Fluted) in .223

All the others I've found were from $700 to $760....,  I got this one (if it shows up!)  for $600

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Thats a pretty good deal on a good rifle, hope they come through to you.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Hi,

I hope all works out for ya.  I "won"(Buy it now) an auction from these guys last winter.  They shipped my gun promptly and had good email/phone replies.  If I remember correctly the guy's name was Clint. I paid by VISA, so I was a little less worried.  It was not the lowest price around, but they had the lowest in stock price around.  I had been on a few waiting lists for awhile and it was only 2-3% more. The extra money was not worth worrying about. Oh yeh, for you guys that NEED to know; Springfield TRP Operator.

FB

ETA: try to add a pic.

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#23]
UPDATE

I finally did get the rifle....., but will not do business with them again!!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
UPDATE

I finally did get the rifle....., but will not do business with them again!!!

That is great news that you got the rifle!!  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, what the fuck happened? You can't leave us hanging like that. You make it sound like the rifle arrived  "less than expected".

This is worse than the phone ringing when watching a movie with no rewind...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Well, what the fuck happened? You can't leave us hanging like that. You make it sound like the rifle arrived  "less than expected".

This is worse than the phone ringing when watching a movie with no rewind...

Not too much drama......, I contacted their local Police, a Detective paid them a visit, they shipped the rifle the next day!!!

I contacted the Detective, gave him an update, thanked him & that was pretty much the end of it!!

I received the rifle about a week later.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Bah...just me always trying to make stories more interesting. A bad habit from watching commercials. Glad it worked out for you then.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top