Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/4/2004 12:26:55 PM EDT
ARSENAL of Nevada seems to be making a boat load of AK rifles with the US milled receiver.
Do they compare well with the original milled Bulgarian receivers? Anybody own and fired these US rifles extensivly yet. After the B-west and Hesse junk, I'm affraid of any AK's with "Made In USA" on them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
They're fantastic and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the others.

From my understanding, they're made by Bulgarian techs on Bulgarian equipment using Bulgarian receiver ingots.

Anyway, I have a SA-M7S that I love. You can't go wrong with an Arsenal rifle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you an investor, or part owner of the company?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are you an investor, or part owner of the company?  hr

Just a satisfied customer, my man.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto.  I have an SSR-56-2 and have had ZERO problems with it.  I was wary of buying one at first, hearing horror stories about their support, canted sights, bad barrels and failures of all kinds.  I bought mine and it was absolutely perfect.  I've put about 1K rounds through it (wolf, federal) and had ZERO problems.  It's very accurate to boot.  It's my third AK (MAK-90 and Maadi).
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody have their link?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ditto.  I have an SSR-56-2 and have had ZERO problems with it.  I was wary of buying one at first, hearing horror stories about their support, canted sights, bad barrels and failures of all kinds.  I bought mine and it was absolutely perfect.  I've put about 1K rounds through it (wolf, federal) and had ZERO problems.  It's very accurate to boot.  It's my third AK (MAK-90 and Maadi).

I think you're thinking about  about ArsenalUSA/Global Trades in Texas. Arsenal, Inc. in Las Vegas builds on milled receivers, though their stamped 5.45 is now listed on their site.

Glad you had good luck with your SSR-56-2. I had one of their SSR-85Bs that, while pretty to look at, didn't shoot very well.

Does your rifle have an OOW receiver? The 85B I had was built on an FEG and I wish now that I would have kept it for a build.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anybody have their link?

www.arsenalinc.com/
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, SkullFarmer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks, SkullFarmer.

Ain't no thang.

I'm just another gunsnet refugee happy in my new homeland.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#12]
what's the going price for these?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They're fantastic and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the others.

From my understanding, they're made by Bulgarian techs on Bulgarian equipment using Bulgarian receiver ingots.

Anyway, I have a SA-M7S that I love. You can't go wrong with an Arsenal rifle.

+1
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, golly gee wizz fellas.....now I need to consider buying one of thes ARSENAL USA rifles instead of the SLR101 rifles. I't would be easier to buy it made here with all the features, instead of made in Bulgaria,  with a single stack magazine well modified here.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#16]
ArsenalUSA/Global Trades in Texas is now ArmoryUSA.    Hmmm!  I wonder why?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:48:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
ArsenalUSA/Global Trades in Texas is now ArmoryUSA.    Hmmm!  I wonder why?

Dunno.....maybe something to do with like when the "Home Pro" stores were ordered to change their name to Builders Square at the legal urging of The Home Depot? You think???
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#18]
While I got you guys assembled here: Just in case I happen to run into a good deal on a OOW milled USA receiver rifle, ARE THEY ANY GOOD? How would you rate them compared with the ARSENAL,INC milled USA receiver?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#19]

While I got you guys assembled here: Just in case I happen to run into a good deal on a OOW milled USA receiver rifle, ARE THEY ANY GOOD? How would you rate them compared with the ARSENAL,INC milled USA receiver?

I don't think OOW makes a milled AK receiver , only a stamped receiver.

The Firing Line makes a milled receiver. I hear they are nice but nothing beats a Bulgarian Arsenal receiver.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top