Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 12:35:54 AM EDT
I'm thinking about eventually building an AK, but I want to use the correct parts for that model, from what I can tell the style of rivits used and the scope mount vary from country to country and model to model, I'm not sure which model I'm going to go with eighther, but I will be going with an AK-47, not 74, or 103, so It'll be in 7.62x39, specificly the AKM, so it will have the slant break, and bayonet lug, and it will be the fixed stock type, but I see so many parts kit's....

What rivit pattern, and scope mount is correct for a Polish AK-47, which are correct for a Romanian AK-47, which is correct for a Bulgarian AK-47, and which is correct for a Russian AK-47?....

Are the PLO kits that Joeken carries stamped, or milled, and do they have the threaded barrell, and flash suppressor, and does anyone have any experiance with these?....

I want to use the origional stock set, stock, handgaurd, pistol grip everything, so what US made parts do I need?....

Does modifieing full automatic parts to semi-auto count as "finnish manufactureing", makeing them technicly US made?....

What parts in the kit are full auto that I have to discard before assembly?....

Does anyone carry the demilled center sections of AK recievers?....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I may have worded my rivit question wrong, what I was asking is the style of rivits, I've seen differant kinds out there big, little, flat, brass, etc., and I think each country, and model had a slightly differant style, I suppose I could just look at the ones in the parts kit, but in case the parts kits were somehow mixed.... (I found a sight for AK-74's that went into great detail about this before, but I'm not sure were it is now, and they didn't list the AK-47....)....

Which style of trigger is correct single hook, or double hook?....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
For an AKM - the single hook trigger is correct.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top