Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 8:19:12 PM EDT
Did some searching couldnt find specifics.

Got a WASR-10. It has the standard wood finish. Unpolished, etc. I would like to see some of your kickass finishes or how I can make my finish Orange, like a stereotypical AK...you know what I mean?

Also, include what supplies I may need. Thanks in advance.

(I did find a few finishes but my main question is how I can get that cool looking orange finish)
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I knew. Many say they can, but I've never seen it done properly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
This finish was achieved by mixing red, yellow & brown RIT dyes together in denatured
alcohol.  The lighting is bad but I'm satisfied with how the finish looks (it actually has
a more reddish look).  

Experiment with different mixtures of the 3 dyes (put them on small pieces of wood)
until you have the look you're after.  I sprayed on a few coats of Tru-Oil and then
knocked down the gloss with Rottenstone.  HTH.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mrboston3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ak101.jpg

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top