Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 11:05:19 AM EDT
I think of it as a up close blaster, the sites aren't really that great or I am not that great of a shot with it or somewhere in between.

I was thinking about mounting some sort of red dot or CCO on it.

How can you do it without spending alot of cash?

i have heard maks are probably the least accurate aks?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]

I think of it as a up close blaster, the sites aren't really that great or I am not that great of a shot with it or somewhere in between.

No, you're quite right. I love my SAR, it's my little range bitch, but the sights on AKs are just about the worst sights I've ever seen. They're low, seperated, and disconnected from the shooter - very poorly designed. Also, accuracy is hit-or-miss (sometimes literally). I've hit things with my SAR that I don't think I could do with an AR-15... and I've also missed things with my AK that I think I could've hit with a Liberator pistol. Ammo is very inconsistent - sometimes you get that good batch of ammo that just lets you get 1" groups at 100 yards... Then you get noise-makers. It's just how it is.

How can you do it without spending alot of cash?

Step 1: Buy Barnaul or Silver Bear.
Step 2: Get Red Star Arm's AK trigger.
Step 3: Think of a buying a replacement rear leaf sight. There are ghost ring sights available for, like, $35 or less.

THAT will help you tremendously. It did me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I installed a G2 tapco trigger and noticed I shot better. Next time I shoot I will use silver bear and I will have a red-dot. See if I can do any better.

May build a ar15 piece by piece. Well all two pieces....that will be the accurate rifle
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

how well can you shoot your other rifles?

I usually do ok with a M-16 and army qual like 30-34 hits out of 40
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#7]
It's weird because I shoot better with my Mak than my AR-15 A2 with just wolf at least off hand I do but then again I shoot it more.  Silver bear seems to be pretty accurate and I like those effect points they have.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#8]
You're not 'supposed to aim the thing....Dianne and Chuck say that they are just made for spraying bullets, didn't you know that?  hehe  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top