Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:10:09 PM EDT
Greetings.

I'm trying to get the necessary parts to put my SA-M7 into the correct Bulgarian AR-M1 configuration with flash suppressor and bayonet lug. This is proving trickier than I thought.

Anyone know what parts I need? From the photos I've seen on the Arsenal BG site, I can't determine whether the bayonet  lug needs to be mounted on the front sight block (as it would be on a 74) or on the gas block. Obviously, the lug would need to be on the gas block if the barrel was capped with a nut, but the length of the flash suppressor may necessitate something different. I can't tell from the images I've seen.

My apologies if this issue has already been addressed, but I'm at a bit of a loss here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is what will be needed...

The sight towers are out of stock at  K-Var for the moment, as far as the gas block, sling and flash hider, drop me an e-mail and I will save you a few $ on them..
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to both of you guys. I wasn't aware that there were two different versions.  I really hope K-VAR gets the correct front sight blocks back in stock soon.

Jnewt, I'll be in touch on those parts, but it may be a couple of days. I'm taking the LSAT Saturday and it's consuming most of my time at the moment.

Actually, I should have my nose buried in the  study guide right now instead of typing this. The analytical reasoning (logic games) section is kicking my ass, and I fear I've developed something of a block. I shoulda taken this damn test 10 years ago when I was fresh out of college and still retained most of the stuff from my logic class.

I realize that there are those who say the last thing the world needs is another lawyer, but at least I'll be a lawyer with a scary gun collection. BTW, can either of you guys recommend anyone to do the work, since it doesn't look like Arsenal is going to get into the re-fanging business anytime soon?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the good thoughts, Templar. There's a lot riding on this test because my job is likely to evaporate sometime after the end of the year.  God, I never thought I was going to have to go back to school. I'm only 34, but I'm going to feel ancient in a college town. Call me grandpa.

Looks like Chris hasn't updated his site in a while, but given the recent weather in Florida, I'm sure he's got plenty of other things on his plate at this point.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
What you gonna go to school for? I don't know what I'm gonna do....can't decide if I am going back or if I am going to try to be a police officer...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#7]
SickMAK90,

Going for a law degree if all goes well with this test, which will begin a little less than 24 hours from now. I'm beginning to feel a little ill about the whole thing. I haven't taken a written test in 10 years.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like Chris hasn't updated his site in a while, but given the recent weather in Florida, I'm sure he's got plenty of other things on his plate at this point.

might want to drop him an email. he answers back quickly! [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#9]

might want to drop him an email. he answers back quickly! [email protected]

Thanks. I'll probably drop him a line next week after things calm down a bit. Hopefully, he'll have those threaded front sight blocks, since they're what it looks like he uses on his builds.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top