Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/30/2004 12:09:26 PM EDT

I am sure this has been asked before, but my search came up empty.  

Now that the 1994 AWB ban is gone, i would like to get an AK47 style rifle with a folding stock (preferably an underfolder) for about 500 or less.

In AR discussion forums, when someone asks which AR15 to get, the response is always Armalite, Bushmaster & Colt (Rock River too) and stay away from Hesse and cast receivers.

Are there similar recommendations about AK47's?  Even after reading up on milled versus
stamped, I am still not sure which is better,  any thoughts on that?  

Edited to add:  I guess what I should be asking which are generally  well made AK47's and which are generally considered poorer makes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
"Cigarette butt", "little bitch", AKS-74/U a.k.a Krinkov
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sorry, but  I don't know  what this means?  Are these models?  I am way less familiar with AK designs than AR15 and need things explained to me.

John K.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that the 1994 AWB ban is gone, i would like to get an AK47 style rifle with a folding stock (preferably an underfolder) for about 500 or less.

And  to think I paid $ 1,150.00 for a poly tech underfolder (used) four years ago. mmk

Yep, I was looking a few years ago and just come to part with that much money for an underfolder AK.  But now $500 looks plausible.  

From Atlantic Firearms:
AK V 47 , Under Folder Rifle ,762 x 39, semi auto rifle ,These unique  rifles start as original polish AK parts set, they are Factory built on a new Ohio Ordnance  receiver .Features working under folding stock, Slant style muzzle brake, bayonet lug & parkerized finish , wood front hand guard . Quality fit ,finish &  construction, these will take high cap mags & all backed up by a five year factory warranty.  In stock now but Limited in Availability .You will not be disappointed in  this unique rifle !!!!!100 % New in box , ships with one 30 round hi cap mag.
$499.00
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but  I don't know  what this means?  Are these models?  I am way less familiar with AK designs than AR15 and need things explained to me.

John K.

Cigarette butt and little bitch are just a few of the nick names given to the short AKS-74/U. A lot of people call them Krinkovs although apparently no one knows why. I wouldn't mind a "little bitch" myself.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]
IMO... The Sako 90 series assault rifle is my favorite. It is pretty close to an AK. And the Sig 550

DROOL!!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top