Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/29/2004 8:05:03 PM EDT
Is there a website that has step by step instructions on replacing a trigger group with a TAPCO G-2 group? I read it's easy but-----. Also is the TAPCO AK gas piston ready to drop in or is modification needed. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I printed the directions out from www.redstararms.com  however the directions are very vague...because its really simple once you look at it.

First remove your dust cover, bolt carrier and everything

Then remove the safety...basically just pull it straight up and then out.

Then look on the side for a wire hook...it is called the "crook" move it forward towards the mag opening. This will allow you to push the pin holding the trigger and sear disconnector out.

Now push the metal springs off the edges of the trigger to the side

Push the pin out...you may need to tap it with a hammer and tap

Now you should be able to remove the trigger and everything.

Now push the crook forward more or remove it. Now you can remove the pin holding the hammer assembly in.

Push the pin out and make sure you note the position of the spring.

Installation is reverse of removal

Overall installing the trigger group is cake. However installing the gas piston is much harder. You must first drill a pin out, install the piston...then using a drill press drill a hole through the new piston and then drive a pin and have it fitted. My uncle did this for me at his shop. So unless you have some tools you may wanna hold off on the gas piston.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Might help.  It goes in just like the original but you might want an RSA FCG retainer plate as it makes it easy.

Linx310  Site

Piston is easy installed drill out old pin, install new piston and pin.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top