Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 9:41:38 AM EDT
I just ordered a AK-74 parts kit and will need some 922r compliant parts.  I'm leaning towards the G2 trigger group (trigger, hammer, disconnector) to replace the original Bulgarian one.  I was looking on Tapco and they list both a double hook and single hook trigger group but they don't say if it's for a 47 or 74.  Will it work in either?

Second, I plan on replacing the gas piston with a US made one and was wondering if the 47 and 74 use the same piston.  Tapco has these as well but they don't mention what model it will fit.

Thanks for the help again guys.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the gas piston size but the single hook G2 FCG will work in your '74 kit w/o mods. I use them in all my AKs and the pulls run from "okay" to "superb". Have you considered using a different US part instead of replacing the gas piston? Ex: US-made FCG (3), forends (1), pistol grip (1) & receiver gives you 6 US parts allowing you to use a foreign-made muzzle brake/flash suppressor and/or a foreign-made buttstock (std or folder of your choice). That way you retain the original properly pinned gas piston.
HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
are AK74 upper and lower handguards the same size as regular AK47 handguards?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
are AK74 upper and lower handguards the same size as regular AK47 handguards?

Yes.
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Upper AK47 handguards will work on a AK-74, but the lower handguard will not, AKM lowers and uppers will work on a AK74.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top