Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/29/2004 6:27:45 AM EDT
What is the best one?  Will putting one on affect parts count?  And, how much of a hassle is it to swap out?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Just something to think about.   While I like the idea of rectifying a Mak-90 back to original specs there seems to be a Chicom AK version common on the front lines that is not threaded.  See here the 56s-2.

Click

I like this option rather than just threading since the FSB should probably be changed out to get lug and break plunger.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mac barrell is threaded right?  It certainly looks like it is.  I just assumed it just required a bit to get the old one off and then it's do what you want.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard of MAK-90's threaded with barrel nuts welded on.... but mine is not....  bare muzzle on mine.

Also, some people confuse the obvious machine markings on MAK barrels with threads sometimes....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I could very well be confused.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya Mak barrels can look threaded when not.  I have seen once with nuts welded though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The only muzzle attachment that I've seen for the MAK-90 is the 74 style pin on brake. Geez, with the number of MAKs in our country, you think someone would make a pin on flash hider to replace the 74 style brake. With the bad gone, they should sell like hotcakes.

Thanks,

Scojo

http://www.sksparts.com/akmak90pinonmb.jpg
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Noone sold them because of the ban. Now that it is gone maybe someone will make one.

I have the pin-on ak74 break on mine. Works well and looks alittle different than most peoples AK's I have seen.

Also changing out the front site block looks like a PITA
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top