Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 8:47:24 PM EDT
I lucked out and bought a reasonably priced SAR-2 that came with an un-neutered 22 FSB.  When I got it the gas block forward was painted in desert tan paint (which I knew).   This was purchased via mail, so I didn't have a chance to do a hands on.

I spent time stripping the paint off tonight.  I notice that the casting of the FSB is pretty rough.  Lots of surface craters, it's not smooth like the gas block.

Are they all crappy looking, or did I just get a reject FSB??  

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It's standard Romanian so don't feel cheated. I also have one on my SAR 3 and it's not pretty, but it works. Besides, Romanians don't care about looks, only functionality.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure it's functional, but it's the crappiest part on the rifle.

Looking over my SAR-2 and Romak-1 I do not see any other part that looks this rough.

I'm just trying to figure out if the part I have is a reject or factory second.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Ugh... and now I know...

Thanks!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top