Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 1:28:54 PM EDT
Okay I know our AK experts are getting sick of it, let's give them a round of applause.  I asked this question a few weeks back but now I have pics.  Replacing the goofy "sporter" stock, I know I have to get a parts kit etc, but I need to know if any stock will fit this.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
did you just put in the wash??
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks like an underfolder will be your best option. Otherwise it appears that there will be some serious mill work in your future.

+1 on the underfolder..
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew I was screwed when the rear of the receaver didn't have an indent.  I have no idea how an underfolder goes on and why that would be easyer.  What kind of drilling is required for an underfolder?  I'm assumeing there is a pin that goes through the lower back corner of the receiver.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of an AK is is this? Can't tell from your picture but it looks as the back of the receiver is enclosed,  Only two screw  hold the stock ? Milled or stamped receiver?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that a MAK90?

I got lucky with my mak90 "sporter" it has the normal type of reciever. I wouldn't have known at the time which was which but I guess I got lucky.

You should do an underfolder. They are pretty sweet looking.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll bet it's a MAADI MISR 90! I found the same thing on mine.

Look herewww.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=81&t=62781

Still waiting on a stock to fit the slant cut reciever (Ironwood Designs) but otherwise not too big a problem. Can be done with a dremel and a little time

archer2
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Archer for the info, do you have a link to Ironwood?

Can you post piccs of your dremel job? Did it alow another stock to go on?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Ironwood Designs

The weld is along the tang side. The other three sides are just pressed in. Use a reinforced cutting wheel on the dremel to make a cut just under the tang. You should see the edge of the plate. Cut the plate,  being careful not to cut the reciever. Go slow and you'll be ok. After the plate is out, use a grinding stone on the dremel to smooth the weld area flat, and you're done.

If you're lucky like I was, you'll have a standard rear trunion. The only problem is that the MAADI reciever is slant cut ...it's about 1/4 inch shorter on the bottom of the reciever, than at the top. Regular stock sets will not fit properly.  The only ones I've found so far are Ironwood and MSG manufacturing. I spoke to Matt at Ironwood about three weeks ago and he stated that they had no AK 47 stocks in stock and they would be doing a run of them in a few weeks. I left an E-mail message and am waiting for a reply stating the stocks are ready.

MSG was advertised in Shotgun News and offers a black polymer stock set (butt, upper and lower handguard, and pistol grip) to fit the MAK 90/MAADI slant cut recievers for 39.95 plus shipping. I called them two days ago and spoke with a guy who stated that the stock sets are reverse engineered. I am contempalting the black polymer stock set.

Hope this helps you.

archer2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top