Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 6:16:25 PM EDT
Anyone in the know tell me what the value of a SAR2 in pretty good shape with one mag is worth?
How expensive are extra magazines for this rifle?
Anything I should know about this type of rifle?

Renee
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
A used SAR2 should fetch $290-340 depending on area. I've seen mags as low as $7 up to $15 depending where you get them. The E. German bakelites seem to be plentiful and the cheapest. I had a SAR2 and loved the accuracy and low recoil. Mine had an extremely stiff mag release though so you might want to check that. I've also seen on here that with the Romanian rifles check to makes sure the  front sight unit isn't canted. Oh yeah, mine also had a problem with the cleaning rod wiggling loose when doing rapid fire mag dumps...putting a '74 style muzzle brake should fix that though! All in all I loved mine I wish I still had it! Good luck and hope this helps
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A used SAR2 should fetch $290-340 Good luck and hope this helps

Very helpful and thanks!

R.......
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top